SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock G40
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock G40 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up a small amount of 10mm to shoot.

Figured might as well shoot Sig ammo three ugh the Glock

The sig ammo is nice the Bullets are super clean andthe brass has to
Be the most polished I've ever seen fingers were clean after loading
A box into the mags. Very impressive

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G40 MOS this afternoon. I have no intention of putting an optic on it, but did swap out the sights for Trijicon HD XR's.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Sig Sauer 10mm ammo is very nice, in fact, I should go grab a few hundred rounds of that stuff.

I'd avoid the Sellier and bellot stuff, me and a buddy recently (afew months ago) each got about 500+ rounds of the stuff because it was cheap, we both consistently got FTFs with the stuff, his gun more than mine but I had at least 1 ftf per magazine. I wont buy more in the future.

I also like the blaser aluminum stuff for practice.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G40 MOS and installed a DeltaPoint Pro. I liked the idea of the optic but after over 600 rounds and lots of dry fire practice I still sometimes didn't find the dot immediately when I raised the pistol to firing position. I have the smaller 2.5 MOA dot which may be a factor or maybe I'm just an old dog who could learn this new trick but just can't see a great advantage for my applications and don't want to work that hard to master it. I don't have trouble quickly acquiring a sight picture with iron sights so removing the optic was the obvious choice for me. It's been an interesting and revealing experiment. I think I'll be happier reducing the level of complexity and depending upon the open sight aiming system I've used for over 50 years. YMMV

To add to the ammo discussion, I've shot over 500 rounds of Sellier % Bellot 180gr fmj without a single failure of any kind. I have another 1000 ready for practice. Listed at 1164fps, it's a little snappier than some other available 180gr fmj choices. S&B is also the least expensive I've found at $279/1000rds. I've also shot a variety of bullet choices from Underwood in the 180 and 200 grain categories. As expected, Underwood's offerings have a heavier recoil but they are manageable.

As many have said, the Glock 40 is a fine pistol.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post