SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock G40
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock G40 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Been fighting the urge since they came out finally decided it was time trade my G29sf and G30sf they were just sitting in the safe anyway.

Pretty good deal just tax and fee for background check out of pocket

they moved my ghost connector and put on Trijicon Hd sights, trigger is nice now I need to pick up some 10mm ammo

Next thing is to get a Rmr sight, any recommendations on what to get would be appreciated

Can't wait to get it to the range

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G40 last year. I love the way it shoots. I started researching RMRs for it, then realized that the sight radius was one of the things I liked about the gun and I was going to stop using that feature. All of a sudden, it made more sense to put a Rmr on a smaller gun? Crazy thinking I know, but I can't make myself do it now. You'll love the gun.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That should impress the ladies Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually have mine in the "never trade section" of my safe. To date i have put Fed Am Eagle, PMC, PPU, S&B, Blazer, Sig, Hornady, and Federal Hydra Shok ammo thru it with zero issues.
Accurate, reliable, relatively easy on the hands for a 10mm. Great pistol. I will say I keep thinking i will get a red dot for it, then take it out with the plain old factory sights, shoot the crap out of plates at 100 yards, targets at closer ranges and then forget about it again.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Need to pick up some 10mm, may drop by walmart and see whats in the case, then go give it a run through.

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one name . Underwood Ammo .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Just one name . Underwood Ammo .

Yeah I doubt y'all mart has that, so it's probably generic 180 grain loads.

Still would like to know what RMR to run on it, anyone thats done it , what they think, what will hold it's zero better.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Have a Burris FastFire on mine. It takes the MOS plate number 5.

Then I converted it to .38 Super. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Had a Glock coupon recently and as they say, go big or go home. I figured I may as well get the most expensive gun they have.

I'm setting it up as a woods gun for hiking and such.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Glock guy but I've been thing about a G40 for a fun range toy .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Doing some research several folks shooting the G40 are running the vortex venom it comes in two flavor so 3 moa or 6 moa, I presume that means dot size, which would be better or what's the difference

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
At the last GSSF match the guy next to me had a Vortex red dot. It was a nice setup but I'm not sure what model. I believe there's a $200 unit and a $400 one.

As far as MOA sizes go think of it this way, at 100 yds, the 3 MOA will cover 3" of Target and the 6 will cover 6". Usually a larger dot is more useful at closer ranges to make quick shots under stress and a smaller dot is more precise at distanc because it covers less of the target. Hope that helps.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammo? I like DoubleTap. I use their bonded defense as my carry load in my G20.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the G40. I've been thinking that it's The One for me, as I've been wanting to permanently revert my G21 back to 45AUTO from 10mm.

However the MOS part I'm less sure about. I already have a G19 MOS waiting for its RMR, but the more I hear about our customers' experience with reflex dot sights on pistols, the less I'm intrigued by them.

A regular customer bought a Venom recently; it didn't even last a month on a 22MAG handgun (didn't say which one and I forgot to ask). Given how short the lifespan was for him, he decided to go in another direction despite the "excellent" Vortex warranty. It may have lifetime coverage, but the potential of being inconvenienced with having to send a broken unit more often than not, then having the annoyance of re-mounting and re-sighting and ultimately plan on going through the process again in a few months (or even weeks)...a cycle that I would hardly consider as being worthy of an excellent user experience. Even the best stuff will break on the slide of a pistol, but given their products' usual track records and my own rough-and-tumble experiences with their gear, I'll stick with the spendier Trijicon units over anyone else's until those others can prove that their reflex sights will last at least as long as the typical RMR will.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I read about some problems early on with the Vortex shutting off, seems there was an issue with the battery moving and turning off the sight.

Supposedly thats been remedied.

Probably a good idea to get co-witness suppressor height irons to go with the Venom.

I like the Trijicon but it's hard to buy
a sight for target practice that costs as much or more than the gun, if it was a hunter or competition, yeah I get that.

Several folks run the Burris Fastfire III, I can get the venom for $223 online, amazon or optics planet (yeah I know the issues with OP)

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I plan on picking one up. I already have the ammo and chest rig holster for it. Want one for Alaskan trips. For some reson I never see them in stock and wind up buying something else.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
My G19MOS has a venom and although I only have 2100 rounds through it, about 600 of that has been Winchester NATO 124, maybe another 300 rounds of HST and a bit of Ranger...with the rest being a mixture of standard practice ammo. no issues with the venom as of yet. I liked enough it enough to buy one for my S&W Victory and that one seems to be working well but only about 850 rounds through that one. I must say I do want a 10mm Glock at some point. I like my G21 too much as it is so no conversion for me.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up a vortex venom today will get it installed and see how it does

posted Hide Post
I run the Leupold DeltaPoint, have the Trijicon RMR on my G34. I prefer the Leupold.

The G40 is my favorite Glock to shoot.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to send my Trijicon back. Son of a bitch turned off on its own twice within a month. So I'm thinking it was a lemon. Only had 200 rounds through it but it had turned off on its own before I ever put a single round through it. Will update when I get the replacement.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post