SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So what is the da/sa equivalent to the g19?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what is the da/sa equivalent to the g19? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
Beretta PX4 compact

This would be my vote as well. I also have an sp2022, but I find the Beretta easier to carry and shoot.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Equipped with our new enhanced-leverage / short reset SP action, I am once more carring it daily.
-Bruce
I'll bite, what is this unicorn, and where does one get it??

Me too. I don’t see them listed on the site.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't think there is a 1:1 equivalent.

Let me preface by saying that I am not a rock out with your Glock out fanboy, but I do own several to include the Glock 19. I also have moved back to DA/SA around 8 years ago so don't take what I say as a rabid fanboy.

The Glock 19 or any Glock for that matter, have a serious of attributes that are hard to meet 1:1.
-Reliability
-Simplicity
-Size/Efficiency
-Durability
-Historical performance
-Wide adoption/Wide data points on durability and reliability
-Price
-Overall Quality Control
-Support and parts availability
-A grip that is perfect if you have life sized Lego Minifig hands
-Enough ugly thrown in for free that you will not mess them up any more then they come from the factory.

To be honest that is tough nut to crack even if you are talking about another striker pistol.

Most everything mentioned are great guns and absolutely doable for what the OP wants. 1:1 though is tough.

-The HK P2000 comes very close and has some large world wide agency adoption.
-The Walther P99as is VERY close and also has some large agency adoption.

-The USPc is bulkier then it needs to be, (The P2000 is just much smoother, melted etc.)
-The SIG P2022 is a hellagood gun with large agency adoption but is also pretty bulky in practice.

-The Beretta PX4c is a great gun but its rotating barrel is a bit of a double edged sword as far as reliability and maintenance are concerned and they really don't have any wide agency adoption/history that I am aware of.

-The CZ offerings are pretty damn close if you look at the PCR/P01. The P07 feels a little bulky to me.

What I am basically saying is I don't think anything comes close to checking all the Glock boxes. I think there are a ton of GREAT options that will excel in some areas and lack in others.

For my own personal journey looking for my DA/SA polymer Glock 19/23, I ended up with the HK P2000 and couldn't be happier for many reasons, yet it certainly doesn't check every Glock box yet IMO excels far beyond the Glock in some ways.

My 2 cents. I am just a gun geek with a fairly wide amount of experience shooting damn near everything under the sun.......poorly.....but shooting them none the less. Big Grin

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
P2000 would get my vote, followed closely by the SP 2022

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beretta PX4 compact

Would be my choice also, with Stealth Controls.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 Compact and SIG 2022

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Only the PX4 matches the size and capacity. Most of the others mentioned either fall short of 15rds or are larger than the G19.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the USPc

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, when you take into consideration ALL of the factors that make the G19 a classic, there is no equivalent. It's unique.

That's not meant as a fanboy opinion. Just a grudging concession to reality.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
IMO, when you take into consideration ALL of the factors that make the G19 a classic, there is no equivalent. It's unique.

That's not meant as a fanboy opinion. Just a grudging concession to reality.

Agreed. And if I were to go back to DA/SA from a G19, it would be an SP2022 or SP2009. I nearly went that route when dumping the P229's I owned and was going to go with a polymer 9mm. I wanted the Sig Pro, but shot the G19 and G17 much better, then mag compatibility and aftermarket finalized the decision for me. If I was adamant that I wouldn't carry a Glock, the Sig Pro would be the one, and I actually haven't entirely ruled out buying one at some point, but there's a lot of other stuff prioritized ahead of that.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Another guy saying HK upsc/p2000 or CZ PCR/P 01/P07

I’d also say the Beretta 92 Compact is worth a mention.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Equipped with our new enhanced-leverage / short reset SP action, I am once more carring it daily.
-Bruce
I'll bite, what is this unicorn, and where does one get it??

+1 on that???

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I really like the PX4 Compact, more specifically, Carry Compact as offered by Ernest Langdon and Robar, its sight radius is actually that of G26, not G19.
Much less experience with P2022, but when I looked at one, it felt bigger and heavier than G19. Specs say about 20% extra weight.
I personally always thought of HKP2000 and USPc as G19's hammer counterparts.

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

I’d also say the Beretta 92 Compact is worth a mention.

I've one sitting in my safe. Like it quite a bit, but it has barrel length close to G17 (4.3 vs 4.5) and weighs more than G34...

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The FNS 9C with the NON-flush mag (basically allows just enough for a full hold) is a size that falls about between the G26 and the G19. I find them to shoot more accurately than the 2 Glocks (19 and 26) it comes closest to in size.
I think it is a very underrated/underappreciated pistol. Thousands of rounds thru multiple 9C's without a single issue.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
So what is the da/da

Do you mean Double Action Only, or DAO?

I am not familiar with "da/da"

Unless you mean the style of art.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my G19 in order to fund my CZ P07. I now have two of them.
Drawback: Magazines not as cheap as Glock mags.
And I also agree with the 2022 as great choice. Especially with the scarce flat magazine base plates.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Traditional double action G19? Beretta PX4 compact. "Agency adoption" means nothing to me. I shoot more rounds per year than most LE. Any PX4 is as durable (if not more durable) than any Glock.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
My choice would be Walther P99 AS followed closely by a HK P2000. In fact, I sold my Glock 19 FOR the Walther P99 AS.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Agency adoption" means nothing to me.

I don’t mention it as an end all be all deciding factor by any means only as a data point. Most firearms that get adopted by an agency tend to go through a fairly rigorous testing protocol early on, more then an average user. It’s simply another piece of info.

I have a PX4....love it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’d say Sig Pro SP2022

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post