SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So what is the da/sa equivalent to the g19?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what is the da/sa equivalent to the g19? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
P2000? P30? Walter? Fn?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what is the da/da equivalent to the g19?

Are you talking size? Popularity? Reliability?...

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Basically if I wanted a g19 and all of its attributes (size, capacity, reliability...) but in da/sa

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P229 or CZ P07

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From personal experience I would say check out the CZ P07. Lower pistol in pic.

a good comparison vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7hsa31oUQ

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
S&W 6906. Or if you prefer blue carbon steel slide to stainless a 6904. Can be found on GB for not too much cash too. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
S&W 6906. Or if you prefer blue carbon steel slide to stainless a 6904. Can be found on GB for not too much cash too. Regards 18DAI

Yep. S&W 6906, for sure.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you wish to stay with the polymer lower, on more of a budget, with outstanding reliability, performance and value, don't overlook the SP2022.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Basically if I wanted a g19 and all of its attributes (size, capacity, reliability...) but in da/sa

Then, way many of them out there. But, my picks are: P228, HK USPc, CZ75 Compact/PCR.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Walther P99 AS

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
If you wish to stay with the polymer lower, on more of a budget, with outstanding reliability, performance and value, don't overlook the SP2022.

Another excellent suggestion. Slightly larger than the G19, but not by much.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228 and SP2022 were what came to my mind. The USPc, P2000, PX4c, and many others come to mind also.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
clearly the SP2022. Bruce Gray seems to like them well enough.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
This question comes up frequently. Of course, the G19 is a true classic that performs very well, but not everyone runs a Glock well. I am thus biased towards the SP2022. It’s by far the strongest value in service pistols. The SIG zero carries easily, is typically astoundingly accurate, and highly reliable. I’ve shot the crap out of mine, and it groups tight. Equipped with our new enhanced-leverage / short reset SP action, I am once more carring it daily.

(FWIW: I like Glocks for what they are, can shoot them very well, and always win more Glocks at GSSF matches. It’s like they breed in my presence. Weird, and given what I do it’s embarrassing. However, my short arthritic index finger cannot fully reach and defeat the trigger safety reliably. Thus I no longer carry one.)

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
clearly the SP2022. Bruce Gray seems to like them well enough.

Yes Sir! Thank you.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I think the closest thing to a G19 in da/sa would be a HK USPc. Nearly identical in size, quality, reliability, construction materials etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Walther P99 AS

This.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 compact

Same capacity, length, width and height. Everything else gives up one or the other. The thing that makes the glock 19 so popular is that it is a size that just carries well with equal capacity to other full size pistols.

Your other options all carry like a full size. (Except for the 6906, but it was discontinued 17 years ago)

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
not to deprive the 2022 of anything, but I'd also go for the P99AS, but really I just quite like that pistol.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Equipped with our new enhanced-leverage / short reset SP action, I am once more carring it daily.
-Bruce
I'll bite, what is this unicorn, and where does one get it??

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post