SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best Shield 40-9 conversion barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Shield 40-9 conversion barrel Login/Join 
posted
So I'm looking at a new BUG in 9mm and one of the options available to me is to just run my current Shield in 40 with a conversion barrel. Probably the cheapest option I imagine. Two questions then,

1. Who is the best current maker of conversion barrels for the Shield?

2.Do I need 9mm Shield mags now?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Not many options and likely will cost you $200. Barsto comes to mind. There are companies making shield barrels but they are replecements not conversions. True Precision and Silencerco are making some bit again they aren’t listed as conversion barrels. Probably better off either selling your 40 shield or just buying a brand new 9mm shield. They sell for $289 new if you look hard enough. For $89 more you get a whole second gun. I wouldn’t trust a caliber conversion gun for self defense unless you change out the extractor, ejector, mags, etc...

https://www.gunbuyer.com/smith...0035-sw10035-gb.html

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
With gen 2 being released gen 1’s are worth a lot less. Being it’s a .40 s and w is another negative...values for .40’s have really taken a dive. Go buy a new gen 2 or get a deal on a gen 1 9mm.

Palmetto state has been having 5 mags and 250 rounds for 99.99.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah that was the other option. I may look for a Shield 9 or PPS M1 in 9 which is only slightly more than the barrel and just keep my Shield 40 in the safe.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I wouldn’t trust a caliber conversion gun for self defense unless you change out the extractor,

I agree. A conversion should only be used as a range toy.

I know with Glock, its not reliable unless you use correct mags and change the extractor.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post