SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally, rail free 4563TSW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, rail free 4563TSW Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted
I had a S&W 4563TSW back around 2006/07. Great 45 carry gun. Commander size, 8+1, dead nuts reliable and a joy to carry after years of carrying all steel 4566s and 4506-1.

My gunsmith dropped the stupid tack on rail off the dustcover and plugged the holes with plastic rivets. He also installed a spurless hammer. Which saved me repairs on sport coat liners. One slick carry 45. Especially in plainclothes.

I had it a couple of years. Then when I went through the divorce I foolishly let it go, along with a bunch of other guns, to feed the divorce attorney. I regretted it too. One of the only guns I missed. I have advertised on local gunboards, trying to find it and buy it back. With no luck. To date.

Back around 2011 or so, J&G had some LE trade in 4563TSWs from an Arizona LE Agency. These were special order guns, made after the "official end of production" for LE Agencies, in batches of 50 or more guns. The ones J&G had were made without the rails - no holes in the dustcovers. I wanted one! But - when I called they had sold out. So, I have searched the auction boards since, hoping one would make an appearance. For the last ten years.

The S&W TSW guns made without rails are almost entirely LE Special order guns. Made in small amounts. Scarce items. Over on another board, a few weeks back, a fellow inquired about a rail free 40 TSW. I responded and in my post mentioned having seen the rail free 4563TSWs that J&G had for sale, back in the day.

A few hours later, a nice fellow on that board PMd me that one was for sale from a pawnshop in Arizona. Very nice man! Smile

I picked it up from my FFL yesterday. It was carried some, in a level III holster by the looks of the wear and marks on the beavertail. But the inside is pristine. I seriously doubt it was shot more than 150 rounds. It is cleaned up now. New recoil spring and new Hoguegrip too. I am going by the range this AM to test for function and make sure POA = POI with RA45T, my preferred carry round.

Then, into my holster it goes. My new carry gun. I will be wearing it on duty in the Magistrates office tonight. Watching the cascade of liberal tears as Uncle Trump wins 4 more years. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How bout some pictures.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does it go again? Oh yes...pics or it didn't happen! Wink

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your score.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Pics please!!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some threads that you just know who started them by the subject. Third Gen Smiths, particularly in .45, are going to be 18DAI threads far more often than not.

I'd also like to see pics.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
My last all metal duty gun was a Smith & Wesson 4563TSW. My late Father carried a 4566. Those are two guns I will never part with.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My brother said he knew a guy who owed on child support and wanted to sell a few. One of them was a 4013TSW without the rail.
Great pistol. I didn't know how rare it was at the time, but when I found out, it still made good carry until a 10mm P220 joined the flock.

Congrats on your find.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the find!

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no pics. I don't have a hosting service. So, it didn't happen.

Badkarma! Smile Good to "see" you my friend! I miss you on the boards. Drop me an Email some time! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
My first gun was a .40 TSW no rail night sights. Before I really knew anything about guns, sold it for a HK P2000 Sk. I wish I had kept it.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post