SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    XDS 9 8 rd magazines

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
XDS 9 8 rd magazines Login/Join 
Picture of trickedtrix
posted
Not sure how long these have been available but I missed the boat, just ordered a few. I don't care for the length of the 9rd mags so this should be about perfect for easier grip and another bullet is never a bad thing Wink

https://www.cheaperthandirt.co...0908-706397897918.do

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
One 8rd mag come standard with what used to be the Essentials package (gun with two mags, simpler plastic case). It's been available for individual sale for a while now. The 9rd mag was reserved as part of the full kit--the package with the useless/near-useless holsters and the big plastic case with the top leaf foam insert that never stays put and allows the included paperwork and manuals to fall out all of the time--which I believe has been discontinued (finally), and for individual sale.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info - I've had mine for a few years and just found out about the 8rd mags this morning lol - never seen them in a store, and then while browsing random firearm sites this morning it popped up as a recommended item for me. Who knew an internet popup could be useful...

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was "lucky" enough to be part of the XDs recall a few years back. They did send me one of those 8rd mags, though! I like them. The grip isn't too awful long, though the biggest selling point for me was the compact, slim line 7rd get-up. I can't imagine how it is with the 9rd'rs. Seems like it'd make the grip even longer than a G19! Biggest reason I got one was it was the best 'single stack Glock' before Glock was able to come out with their own.

Either way, I still love my XDs9 and carry it often. It's about the same weight as my G26, but that slim profile is what it's all about for me.

"Life is growth. If we stop growing either technically or spiritually we're as good as dead." - Morihei Ueshiba

Posts: 6 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 02, 2017Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I love my xds with the 8 round mags. It's still compact, just a little longer. Shoots really well with it. 9 rounds on board is within 2 of the G26. Seems to be a good number for a sub.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Cheaper than dirt. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love the 8-rounders. I have four; one in the gun and three on the belt when I'm carrying my XDS9.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Report This Post