SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Maryland gun owners or LE please help with Hi-Cap mag question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maryland gun owners or LE please help with Hi-Cap mag question Login/Join 
posted
I am confused so wanted to ask for assistance in understanding the laws in Maryland related to Hi-Cap mags....

If I as a seller in MS, want to sell a handgun, that comes with two Hi-Cap mags, to a person in Maryland because I am out of state can that person legally purchase the Hi-Cap mags from me directly while I send the pistol without any mags to his Maryland FFL?

I read the law that Maryland residents can purchase Hi-Cap mags from out of state but not in-state but I do not understand if my situation falls under this rule.....

I will always follow federal and state laws and when I am not sure I will ask and not assume.....Thanks....Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I am confused so wanted to ask for assistance in understanding the laws in Maryland related to Hi-Cap mags....

If I as a seller in MS, want to sell a handgun, that comes with two Hi-Cap mags, to a person in Maryland because I am out of state can that person legally purchase the Hi-Cap mags from me directly while I send the pistol without any mags to his Maryland FFL?

I read the law that Maryland residents can purchase Hi-Cap mags from out of state but not in-state but I do not understand if my situation falls under this rule.....

I will always follow federal and state laws and when I am not sure I will ask and not assume.....Thanks....Mark

They can have you send to an out of state address. You cannot send them directly to their Maryland address.

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hogarth - Thank you Sir. I appreciate your clarification on my confusion....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post