SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Limited P320 RX options?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limited P320 RX options? Login/Join 
posted
So, I decided I wanted a P320 RX; I like the idea of one-stop shopping for red dot and pistol, and the taller iron sights already on too. But wow, there really aren't a lot of caliber/barrel choices. First of, I have all the guns I realistically need, so this is another toy, so common sense is not part of the equation. I'd like it in .357Sig, or 9mm with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. So, no standard .357 catalog number or a .40SW so I could drop in a .357 barrel. Sig does show a full length .357Sig barrel in the P320 parts pages, but again, without a .40 host, not helping. If they had one, then the question becomes do I buy a full size and drop it in as-is, or buy a compact and hope the extra .8" is enough to thread for a suppressor. For the 9mm option, the only barrel Sig shows is a compact length, no threaded options either, despite the fact that they offer that on other P320 versions. Is there a more complete list of Sig spare parts available somewhere other than their website? I'd like to avoid 3rd party barrels, as my lone experience with Bar Sto leads me to believe that the extra costs involved with a 3rd party barrel versus OEM is all the extra metal they leave on it so it requires a bunch of gunsmithing to make it fit. I don't need better accuracy that badly. Anyway, who has some bright ideas? TIA

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wfodave:
So, I decided I wanted a P320 RX; I like the idea of one-stop shopping for red dot and pistol, and the taller iron sights already on too. But wow, there really aren't a lot of caliber/barrel choices. First of, I have all the guns I realistically need, so this is another toy, so common sense is not part of the equation. I'd like it in .357Sig, or 9mm with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. So, no standard .357 catalog number or a .40SW so I could drop in a .357 barrel. Sig does show a full length .357Sig barrel in the P320 parts pages, but again, without a .40 host, not helping. If they had one, then the question becomes do I buy a full size and drop it in as-is, or buy a compact and hope the extra .8" is enough to thread for a suppressor. For the 9mm option, the only barrel Sig shows is a compact length, no threaded options either, despite the fact that they offer that on other P320 versions. Is there a more complete list of Sig spare parts available somewhere other than their website? I'd like to avoid 3rd party barrels, as my lone experience with Bar Sto leads me to believe that the extra costs involved with a 3rd party barrel versus OEM is all the extra metal they leave on it so it requires a bunch of gunsmithing to make it fit. I don't need better accuracy that badly. Anyway, who has some bright ideas? TIA

Sounds like you gotta order something and spend $ either way, so buy the P320 already set up the way you want it with the .357 Sig threaded barrel, then mail the slide to have it milled for the RDS and tall sights installed.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If you aren't set on a full size, you could get a 320 TacOps Carry and have it milled for a dot. It already comes with a threaded 9mm barrel and tall sights. And by having it milled, you can choose which dot you want, rather than being stuck with the Romeo1.

You could get a 320 Compact .40 or .357Sig conversion kit down the line and see if you can source an extended, threaded barrel in .357Sig from BarSto or another barrel maker. As I only see threaded barrels on 9mm versions of the 320 on Sig's website, you're probably going to have to go aftermarket for a threaded barrel in .357Sig. The downside to doing it that way is the .40/.357 slide would have to be milled, too.

Alternately, you could do what Strambo suggested and get a .40/.357 pistol. Mill the slide and change the sights, then you could get a threaded 9mm conversion barrel to fit in the milled slide. But again, that barrel will be aftermarket.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post