SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228- does Sig still refinish the carbon steel slides?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228- does Sig still refinish the carbon steel slides? Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone.
Recently I was able to buy a P228 from an acquaintance. It's in good, but carried condition. I'm considering sending it to Sig for a once over, replacement springs and such.
My question is does Sig still refinish the carbon steel slides? Or do they just refinish the stainless slides?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 57 | Location: United States. | Registered: July 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They will refinish any slides.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! Do you know if they will refinish barrels as well?

Posts: 57 | Location: United States. | Registered: July 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, they will.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Ty for the info!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you hate the easily worn blued finish on the old barrel, have them do the DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) on the barrel. The finish does live up to its name. Very tough. After 1000 rounds, the finish of my now ex-P210A barrel showed zero wear. And, some members have had 2000 rounds in their DLC barrels, and again, no visible wear.

Q

posted Hide Post
That sounds great! Do they use nitron on the carbon steel slides? I'm a fan of the black nitron finish sig uses. The P228 is my first carbon steel Sig.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, they can and will.

Q

posted Hide Post
I know Sig doesn't refinish aluminum frames. What does everyone usually do or go to for the frames?

posted Hide Post
CCR. If you ware going to do the frame just send the whole gun to CCR. They will so the sights, springs and even an action job. Great people.

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A more descriptive thread title would be helpful

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, your right. Thank you parabellum. That's much more helpful.

posted Hide Post
I'll check out CCR. Sounds like that'll be a lot easier! Does anyone have any pictures of weapons that CCR has refinished? I'm sure their work is top notch, just wanting to see some great guns!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason.Freeburn:
I'll check out CCR. Sounds like that'll be a lot easier! Does anyone have any pictures of weapons that CCR has refinished? I'm sure their work is top notch, just wanting to see some great guns!

The following are no longer in my possession.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Still have this one. Smile

Q

posted Hide Post
For the extra perks and benefits, I wouldn't send it to Sig but CCR or the like. Like the other poster said, they will go through it all and if you have the parts they will replace them.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those all look great!

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
CCR does a fantastic job. I've had a number of guns done by them and the work was topnotch indeed.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
CCR brought this 92S back to life

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post