SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Storing boxes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing boxes? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
you guys in general don't have enough guns if your are storing them in a closet or on top of the safe. I store them in the second floor of my barn. I'm guessing I'll never find the one box I need for that complete with box sale, but I hope.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I use empty paper boxes I liberate from the copy room at work. They are big enough to hold pistol cases and I can write on the top detailing the contents.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Plastic pistol boxes are stored on top of a cabinet in the man cave. I have no use for them, but including the original box and paperwork brings a slight premium when I decide to sell a handgun.

But rifles come in cardboard boxes, most of which are discarded. I have a few saved in the garage, for times that I need to ship a rifle somewhere.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I keep all boxes, they go in the crawl space.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
In a storage cabinet rifles on top.

Foam in these containers breaks down in heat
so if you have foam lined boxes it's best to get them inside a conditioned space or you'll open the box one day to dust...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgive the ignorance, but if you have the room in your safes and insert desiccant packets into the cases, what is the downside to keeping pistols in the cases in safes where humidity in the case is mitigated with dehumidifiers and desiccant packs?

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use clear plastic Rubbermaid bins similar to the banker boxes the other guy that posted uses, but clear plastic and put them on a top shelf of a closet, or wherever.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stacked in the closet under the stairs. I would trash them but often when I sell a pistol I hear:
"Have ya got the original box"?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I use banker boxes to store all the original handgun boxes, keeps them clean. I’ve got some racks above my garage doors where I can double stack them and they’re out of the way. I discreetly label them so it’s not obvious to the casual observer that I’ve got a couple dozen boxes full of cases for firearms. Plus, when the garage doors are open, you can't see them at all.

I like your style Tooky. Clean, neat and out of site.

All of mine are in my friend's basement currently as I don't have much space in my house. I have an upright cabinet for all of the pistol boxes and my long gun boxes are sitting in a corner of his basement.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post