SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    glock 26 vs 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

glock 26 vs 33 Login/Join 
posted
I've been thinking about adding a 26 to the rotation. I already carry a 33-love the 357 sig. I rented a 26 at the range today and was surprised that there was much less of a difference in recoil than expected. Does any one carry the same gun in different calibers just for the hell of it?
-whisky

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I do. G26,27,33 I love them all.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does any one carry the same gun in different calibers just for the hell of it?

No, I don't do a lot with firearms 'just for the hell of it'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a 33 and 32. Also have 40 and 9mm bbls for each.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the G26, 27, and 33. While .357 Sig out of my G31 or G32 is straight-forward, it's a bit harder to hang onto or run with the G33; the G26 makes for a really nice ankle or pocket size pistol with a comfortable round that can be run quickly (I'm not a speed king by any stretch).

That said, I have a 9mm conversion barrel for the G27/G33, and it's less expensive to run 9mm in the pistol for training, of course. I don't find it's such a big difference that the training is lessened if running 9, then using .357 Sig. A bit like dry firing then live firing, but with more realism, is one way to look at it.

I quite like the G26. If one doesn't want to own several pistols, then swapping barrels and magazines will work just fine with one frame. In that case, run the G33 and get barrels for everything else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have P2000s in 9mm and .40. And technically .45 as the HK45C is almost a P2000 in .45 Smile

That way I always have a viable platform that I practice with in any of the big three calibers should I need to hunt for ammo.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
Does any one carry the same gun in different calibers just for the hell of it?
-whisky

Yup. Have a Gen2 22 and swap it between 9mm, 40 S&W, & 357 Sig. Also have the MechTech carbine kit in 357 Sig.

Also a Gen4 40 in 10mm and 38 Super.

Best I have is a Desert Eagle in 357, 41, 44, 440, & 50AE. Doesn't make for a good carry piece.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I also have the G26 and G33 but don't carry the G33 much anymore. It's still nice to have the option, especially for the woods. It's also nice to have the option to use a G27 barrel in the G33 and shoot .40 caliber.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be looking for a P239 at the gun show today to compare. If I see one in 357 it’s mine- been looking for years.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post