SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on SAR K2-45? - Now a CZ97 query........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on SAR K2-45? - Now a CZ97 query........ Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted
I'm in decision tree mode for my 1st 45 - up till now it "was" a HK45/CZ-97BD decision. My LGS finally had the CZ to try n feel---but instead of making it easy he goes "Here---try this" - this being a Turkish SAR K2-45.
A CZ-75 clone---all steel- good heft---very affordable.

Any experience from the collective on this new-to- me weapon?

I may just get the SAR for the hell of it - and then still get either the 97 or the HK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgalczyn,

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one and thought it was a great gun. It was accurate and seemed to feed everything. Watch the grip screws as they crack pretty easy but just a short bit if you do over torque. Its actually a nice grip especially for the size/capacity.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Update and a ??

I did get the SAR K2 - and it's a great shooter. Then as luck would have it - Cabelas had a CZ97BD in the WV-Gun Library. SO via my points free to me - arrive LNIB and not a mark on it.

So - after a learning curve I may consider the full Cajun Gun Works performance package - anyone here have experience and is it worth the work?

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I don't have a 97, but I have a 75 & 85 that have CGW kits installed. The kits work wonders for them. Whether you consider Cajunizing worth it depends mostly on what you intend to use your 97 for, how often, and your disposable income.

A 97BD w/ performance package will cost the same or less than a Sig P220 Stainless, Legion, or other premium variant. Given the choice, I'd rather have the upgraded CZ.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Be sure to try the CZ97 first, or at least verify that its grip is similar in dimensions to your K2-45 so you know what you're getting into.

I had the opportunity to shoot a CZ97 ~15 years ago, and all I remember is that it's the chunkiest semiauto I've ever tried. I have large hands, and it was a bit too large to be comfortable for me.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thin grips on a CZ97 make a world of difference

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Grip is not an issue----but I need to break my grip to reach the too-short slide release. As luck would have it - CGW also has an "extended" slide release to fix this problem!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgalczyn,