SIGforum
Older P320 mag compatibility

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3170001184

April 07, 2021, 06:33 PM
sf192nd
Older P320 mag compatibility
Will Older p320 magazines with "Sig Sauer" on them work in the Wilson combat grip module? Or does it need the newer style base plates.
April 07, 2021, 06:51 PM
2Adefender
You can easily modify the early-style base plates, by snipping off the tabs with large wire cutters or a dremel cutter. Or, just buy some new ones if you can find them.

There is a thread on modifying the early base plates. Here is the link. I’ll see if I can find the pic. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...870028264#5870028264

Early mags with the modifications will fit and function.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
April 08, 2021, 06:59 AM
nukeandpave
I thinned the tabs with a dremel.
April 08, 2021, 08:09 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
You can easily modify the early-style base plates, by snipping off the tabs with large wire cutters or a dremel cutter.

Yep. I used a set of side-cut snips, and followed up with some fine grit sandpaper. Takes less than a minute per baseplate. I've modified over a dozen of my early mags.
April 08, 2021, 08:41 AM
nhracecraft
To respond directly to the OP's question re: compatibility w/ 'Older P320 Magazines w/ "Sig Sauer" on them', the answer is NO! You will either need the newer style base plates, or you will need to modify your existing ones. Wink

From the Wilson Combat Website:

"Will the WCP320 grip module work with older, first generation basepads?
No. New SIG Factory X-Series Basepads are available at ShopWilsonCombat.com, Item# NW736, or else a competent gunsmith can modify the old basepads by removing the "ears" to make them work with the WCP320 grip module."

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!