SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for Opinions on the Glock 43 vs. the Kahr CM9
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Opinions on the Glock 43 vs. the Kahr CM9 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 43, but as you can see some prefer the Kahr.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I constantly short stroked my CM9 trigger.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think in this case it's all personal preference. Glock for me. I wonder if HK is thinking about a single stack on a frame similar to the P2000sk. I'd really like that!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My G43 has been ultrareliable. The Kahr's not so much.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Did you call Kahr? They will pay return shipping and make it right.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both, and like both....a tough call. As mentioned, the cm 9 is no pocket gun but is very light-feeling in a belt holster. I also have Kahr cw 380, which definitely is a pocket gun; in a pocket holster it feels and prints like a cell phone. I'm no Glock fan but the 43 is one of my favorite guns. So cm9 vs Glock 43? Buy both.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Did you call Kahr? They will pay return shipping and make it right.

Did I call Kahr? Hmmm.

Over several years and several Kahr's and multiple trips back to Kahr...yes, I called them. Just a few times. Once to see what they could do. Several times to find out where my pistols were when they failed to return them for nine months. A few times to follow up when they said they never received them, and then to inquire after they said they lost them. Multiple calls when they had to keep taking them back because the repairs didn't work.

One call in particular after I received back a P40 and had burns on my face when the side plate blew out with an out of battery failure.

A few calls to cover the failures to return to battery, peening, falling out of the assembly pin/slide stop, etc.

Kahr was never able to reconcile the problems.

It's never been an issue with any of my Glocks, and there are many. (Many Glocks, not issues)

I like the G43 for pocket carry in a DeSantis holster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
They have very different triggers. If you're used to shooting a Glock, you won't like the long, smooth Kahr trigger.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I have had both. Went with the G43 since I now only carry Glocks but I love Kahr and the trigger is better.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
For belt carry, I'd get the G43.
For pocket carry, I'd get the CM9.

I have both and I usually have the PM9 on me
24/7. Pocket carry is easiest for me
With work.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have both.
I prefer the CM9.
My wife shoots the G43 better so its her carry gun.
The G43 is not a pocket gun for me unless you dont plan to use a pocket holster & you're wearing baggy cargos & even then small hands would be welcome.
Any larger than the CM9 & I can't personally carry & draw it from a pocket.

In the end its personal preference as they're both great pistols.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I carried a PM9 for 10+ years so I am quite farmillar with the platform. The small Kahr pistols are accurate and mostly reliable. The magazines have a habit of throwing up rounds out of back up mags and Kahr does not recommend the sling shot method for loading. With large + hands I find them hard to hang onto sometimes and experienced the uncomfortable slap of the trigger guard if I am not diligent with my grip.

I recently shot a G43 and it was quite accurate in my hands. I found it easier to control than the Kahr. It points like a Glock, good if your use to it. My only real complaint stems from the raised ridge at the top of the grip panel. Using a thumb forward grip, it irritated my strong hand thumb in pretty short order. Enough to make me not want to own one.

Hope this helps.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for all the info. I think I've settled on the Kahr as it will suit my needs a little better. Size is the determining factor. This will be a back up gun to my G-19 while driving, or when it would be difficult to carry the larger gun. However, I'm always interested in your opinions, so keep them coming if you like. What night sights do you all prefer? I was hoping to add some Trijicon HD sights to it, but I looked at their site yesterday, and it seems like they aren't available for the Kahr.

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
If you want night sights, then you'll need a PM9. The good news about that is PM9s seem to have fallen out of favor (much competition I'd guess), and you might find a good deal on a used one.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post