SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for Opinions on the Glock 43 vs. the Kahr CM9
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Opinions on the Glock 43 vs. the Kahr CM9 Login/Join 
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted
Hi everyone, for those of you who have these two or have shot both, which do you prefer? I am a Glock fan, but I don't know if the familiarity is worth $100+ dollars difference in price. This will fill a back-up roll for me while driving. It will likely be carried in a pocket holster in a jacket. I'm normally only in the U.S. during the fall, so the jacket won't be a problem. I'm left handed and my holstered carry gun is normally under my shirt and trapped by the seat belt. While we are home, we do a tremendous amount of driving visiting our supporters. Otherwise, it may not be that big of a deal.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If you're a glock fan stick with what you know, IMO. The Kahr is smaller and I prefer the Kahr trigger. But I would carry the G43 without complaint if I had to. Good pistols.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I've got both and I think they are both outstanding pistols.

I'm a Glock guy, so obviously the G43 would be a favorite. It does everything very well and carrying is a pleasure. There are a heck of a lot of accessories for it. You can't go wrong.

But, I've also had 4 different Kahr pistols over the years and I'm a big fan of Kahr.
They just plain work. They're accurate, reliable, and have a fair amount of accessories available. I shoot mine like it's a revolver and that trigger runs great.

The dimensions of the CM9 looks very close the G43 on paper and pictures, but once you handle them you'll see the CM9 has a smaller more compact feel. I bought mine as an ankle gun to replace a S&W 442 and it was a great choice. That CM9 carries more discretely than the G43 on the ankle.

I don't pocket carry, but I'd say the CM9 would be smaller.

I just bought this CM9 a few weeks ago and have about 400 rds through it with excellent accuracy and no jams. Very impressed with it.

I will say this though. (For me) the Talon Grips are an absolute must. After putting the Talons on both the G43 and the CM9 the handling qualities improved 100%.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the G43 as it is a platform I am comfortable with and there is always going to be a large aftermarket support for. Glock is a simple platform that I can change out parts with myself with no special tools and you can reuse the pins over and over again, depending what you decide to do internally. I am no fan boy but I research what I want extensively and Glock just fits the bill for many reasons.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can, shoot both. The Kahr felt better to me but the Glock shot better. The felt recoil and accuracy of the Glock sold itself to me. And that's why I have one. It's the only Glock I have.

Posts: 128 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Had both, preferred the Glock. Either will likely serve you well.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I found the Kahr the softer shooter of those two.

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I found the Kahr the softer shooter of those two.
Same here. However, my brother thought the Glock shot softer. So you pays yer nickel and you takes yer choice.
In any case they are very close. both quality firearms.
Smile

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also have both - but use them differently. I have a TLR-6 laser/light combo on the 43, with Pearce +1's and rotate it on HD. It feels lighter and I think carries better in a vest pocket. I have a Vickers slide racker on it and it's easy to rack. My CM9 is reserved for pants pocket carry. To me, the CM9 is a little safer for carry given the long trigger pull. Since I'm older it's quite a bit harder for me to rack the slide on the CM9. Probably not a big deal for most people, most of the time, but something to consider. Two other small things, the CM9 mags are all-metal but run at least $10 more than G43 mags. And, if you ever decide to sell a Kahr C-series, the resale value on them around here is awful. You won't lose any money if and when you sell a G43 as long as you've taken good care of it. The school solution, I think, is to get/have both and rotate between them ... Wink

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I love the 43. I have the CT laser on it, and carry in a Desantis pocket holster. Just put trijicon HDs on it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your opinions so far, it seems like I can't really make a bad decision either way. Has anyone had any bad experiences with either of these?

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both as well. Prefer to carry the Kahr. Prefer to shoot the Glock.

If the small relative size difference doesn't matter to you, and you are used to Glocks, I'd go with the 43.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I like them both and prefer the G43 for belt carry and the Kahr for pocket.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
G43 doesn't work for pocket carry as well as the Kahr, in my experience.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had both and prefer the G43.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CM9 is much easier to pocket carry. It is harder for me to pocket carry the G43. It will work for large jacket pockets but it won't work with pants/shorts pockets. The G43 only really works as a IWB/OWB pistol for me. I find I take the CM9 with me for a quick run out then the G43.

Posts: 170 | Location: IL | Registered: February 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a PM9 a few years ago, and for "me" it was too big for pocket carry. So if I'm going on my belt anyway, but want slim profile, it would be the 43. I have a 43 and it shoots great for me, carries well, and most often gets carried when I do IWB. If it's going to be pocket carry it's now my S&W M&P 340 no lock. The Kahr is a nice gun, I enjoyed my PM9, but it didn't "fit" for me for the purpose I intended. But both are great options, so as others have said try to handle/shoot both and then decide.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have both PM9 and G43.
Love the trigger and accuracy of Kahrs. Spectacular. Don't like the mags or, relatively speaking, ease of take down and fewer aftermarkets. Barely pocketable.
On the G43, I like the simplicity, easy slide racking, easy takedown and cleaning, Ameriglo front sight, aftermarkets. But not as pocketable, and -- for me -- definitely less accurate.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I've owned both and prefer the Kahr. I shot much better groups with the Kahr. I believe it is a softer shooter too.

You can't go wrong with either but for me it's the Kahr all day.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
both are great guns. I prefer the G43 for the trigger. The Kahr trigger pull and reset is just too long for me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post