SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot my first match with the P320 X5 today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot my first match with the P320 X5 today Login/Join 
posted
Today was the maiden voyage match with the new P320 X5 today. Despite starting the day taking way too many make-up shots and hitting a no-shoot on the first set of targets it wasn't a very bad day. Stage 1 I totally lost the dot on the draw and the makeup shots on Stage 3 were for nothing because all the targets has 3 Alpha's on them. Ended up 1st in Carry Optics and 19th overall out of 67 shooters.

Like the rest of the P320 line the gun is in desperate need of a full guide rod and a different recoil spring. The stock spring setup is way to tight. All in all though I am really liking the feel of this gun.

Here's a little video from today's match.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...3ok&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Well done.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Is it possible to change to a full guide rod and 1911 style spring, as can be done on the non-X5 P320?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Is it possible to change to a full guide rod and 1911 style spring, as can be done on the non-X5 P320?

I know that Springer Precision is working on them and from what I have heard they should be available soon.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
That dot has a big window.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Looked like good runs! Great job.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!!

What sort of ammo were you running? I agree, it seems the RSA is too stout. It seems like you had more muzzle snap than I expected to see. How much had you shot it prior to the event?

I can't wait to get my X5 in and put the Romeo1 on top.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
What sort of ammo were you running?

I am running 124gr Montana Gold hollow points with 4.0gr of Titegroup at about 1.10" to 1.11" OAL. This is the same load that I ran through my regular P320 and my P320 RX. The round is running around 132PF through the X5.

I've done much more dry fire than live fire with the gun and only had about 500 rounds through it before the match and about 100 of those were with the Romeo mounted on the slide.

I think the extra mass of the Romeo has actually added some to the muzzle flip because when I was running rounds through it after I first got it the sights tracked very flat. Certainly need more trigger time with it since adding the Romeo though.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
quote:

I know that Springer Precision is working on them and from what I have heard they should be available soon.

Thanks!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks!

I saw on another forum where someone said they were told Springer is hoping to have them in-stock on the 18th of June.

If I get a chance this week I may give them a call to see if this is true because I still have not received the optic mount for the X5 I ordered from them on the 26th of May even though it says that it is in-stock. Haven't even received the shipping notification.

I'll update if I find anything out.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks!

I saw on another forum where someone said they were told Springer is hoping to have them in-stock on the 18th of June.

If I get a chance this week I may give them a call to see if this is true because I still have not received the optic mount for the X5 I ordered from them on the 26th of May even though it says that it is in-stock. Haven't even received the shipping notification.

I'll update if I find anything out.

FYI, I talked to them last week and the optics mounts are in stock but they had a delay getting the screws from a vendor. They should be shipping out soon.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-dave:
FYI, I talked to them last week and the optics mounts are in stock but they had a delay getting the screws from a vendor. They should be shipping out soon.

Thanks for the info.

ETA: They must have gotten the screws figured out. I just got a shipping notification. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WildSig,

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by md-dave:

Thanks for the info.

ETA: They must have gotten the screws figured out. I just got a shipping notification. Big Grin

Yup, I just got mine too!

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post