SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 comparison
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 comparison Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
I was wondering if anybody has the full size and the compact and could post a side by side picture of them.
And if possible the 365.
Trying to get an idea of the size difference but none of the LGS around here have them in stock.

Thanks

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not the best photo, but perhaps adequate for comparisons.

Upper left: full size with Wilson Combat grip module
Lower left: XCompact
Upper right: Carry with Wilson Combat grip module (uses full size magazines, but shorter slide and barrel)
Middle right: Compact grip module (uses same slide and barrel as the Carry, but shorter magazines and grip)
Lower right: P365 with 12-round magazine and little finger extension

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was quick!!

Thank you, it helps a lot.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome. And something I didn’t realize when I purchased the XCompact, it has a shorter slide and barrel (~3.6") than the non-X Compact version whose barrel is about 3.9". As stated, though, the XCompact and the non-X version have the same grip and magazine size: Got all that?

Added: And although the barrel and slide of the non-X Compact are longer than those of the XCompact (3.9 v. 3.6 inches), it is still possible to put the non-X slide on the XCompact grip module. It extends forward of the XCompact’s railed dust cover, but the recoil spring housing of the Compact slide extends far enough back to cover the extra length. That was something else I didn’t realize, and neglected to check, and is why I have a Compact grip module, and might even use it some day.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Handgun Hero's (www.HandgunHero.com) "Compare Handguns" page allows you to pick two guns for size comparison by all sides of the weapons.

Their "Tabletop Compare" allows for multiple guns to only compare their profiles.

The trick to using this website is knowing to pick from the shortest to longest slide weapon on the "Tabletop Compare" but starting with the longest to shortest slide on the "Compare Handguns" page.

This will make sense once you start playing with the website, enjoy!

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great website!
Helps me on my decision what to buy.

Thank you sleepla8er

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Firing Line in Westland had decent stock a few months ago. It was a drive for me but worth it for myself and a friend. Call and see how it is now.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post