SIGforum
P320 comparison

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3160010184

April 03, 2021, 06:54 PM
gjgalligan
P320 comparison
I was wondering if anybody has the full size and the compact and could post a side by side picture of them.
And if possible the 365.
Trying to get an idea of the size difference but none of the LGS around here have them in stock.

Thanks

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
April 03, 2021, 07:32 PM
sigfreund
Not the best photo, but perhaps adequate for comparisons.

Upper left: full size with Wilson Combat grip module
Lower left: XCompact
Upper right: Carry with Wilson Combat grip module (uses full size magazines, but shorter slide and barrel)
Middle right: Compact grip module (uses same slide and barrel as the Carry, but shorter magazines and grip)
Lower right: P365 with 12-round magazine and little finger extension

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
April 03, 2021, 07:55 PM
gjgalligan
That was quick!!

Thank you, it helps a lot.

April 04, 2021, 09:35 AM
sigfreund
You’re welcome. And something I didn’t realize when I purchased the XCompact, it has a shorter slide and barrel (~3.6") than the non-X Compact version whose barrel is about 3.9". As stated, though, the XCompact and the non-X version have the same grip and magazine size: Got all that?

Added: And although the barrel and slide of the non-X Compact are longer than those of the XCompact (3.9 v. 3.6 inches), it is still possible to put the non-X slide on the XCompact grip module. It extends forward of the XCompact’s railed dust cover, but the recoil spring housing of the Compact slide extends far enough back to cover the extra length. That was something else I didn’t realize, and neglected to check, and is why I have a Compact grip module, and might even use it some day.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
April 04, 2021, 03:09 PM
sleepla8er

Handgun Hero's (www.HandgunHero.com) "Compare Handguns" page allows you to pick two guns for size comparison by all sides of the weapons.

Their "Tabletop Compare" allows for multiple guns to only compare their profiles.

The trick to using this website is knowing to pick from the shortest to longest slide weapon on the "Tabletop Compare" but starting with the longest to shortest slide on the "Compare Handguns" page.

This will make sense once you start playing with the website, enjoy!

April 04, 2021, 06:44 PM
gjgalligan
Great website!
Helps me on my decision what to buy.

Thank you sleepla8er

April 05, 2021, 06:30 AM
Oz_Shadow
Firing Line in Westland had decent stock a few months ago. It was a drive for me but worth it for myself and a friend. Call and see how it is now.