SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    9mm Xchange kit for P229R DAK .40 w/Ger frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm Xchange kit for P229R DAK .40 w/Ger frame? Login/Join 
posted
I did a search on the forum, and nothing came up for me...

I have a German framed P229R DAK in .40. Can I use one of the Sig P229 9mm caliber xchange kits on it? I have heard that the Germany made frames are not compatible. I am hoping that you all can give a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two German frame 229's in 40 and one American frame in (mm. Before I got the 9, I did some looking and the sellers of the Xchange kits made note that the kits would not work on the German framed guns. It may have been a locking block difference. It's been covered on here many times but the search engine doesn't really catch the archived threads.

Someone will probably post an answer shortly. If not, I'll go down to the safe in the morning and photo the differences if that'll haelp you.

The BARSTO conversion barrel may be an option for you.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
The BARSTO conversion barrel may be an option for you

This is what I did with my DAK 229.

Works best with 9mm mags.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. It is appreciated.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post