SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W ez front sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W ez front sight Login/Join 
posted
Took my granddaughter shooting for the first time Saturday afternoon. As she had never fired a pistol before I gave the safety briefing etc a got my never shot before EZ thinking the 380 cartridge would be best for her. I showed her how to load the mag and we loaded 2 rounds. Shot them and we reloaded 2 more rounds, she fired one then signaled to me she had a problem. I looked at the pistol and there was NO front sight. Could not find it on the ground so we switched to a Glock 19 gen 5. Will cal S&W in the am! The Glock proved no problem for her!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The snap ring came off. It is probably loose inside the dust cover.

Front Sight by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary, disassembled the pistol and no snap ring in area. Wonder if it was ever installed? Thanks for the reply and help.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W has great CS, I am sure that they will repair the pistol to your statisfaction. Post a range report when you get a chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called S&W first thing this am. CS said the front sight is on back order, 2 weeks to receive them. Will mail out when it arrives or send whole gun to S&W on their dime. So the pistol is down until parts are here. Poor service. Gland by backup is a Glock 19 gen 5.

Officers lives matter!

posted Hide Post
Mail sight as soon as in stock, or company pays shipping to fix gun - sounds like good service to me.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
If that is "poor service", I hope all manufacturers offer such "poor service".

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My complaint is that the front sight was not locked on the slight with the snap ring. Couldn’t find sight or snap ring. There was no way that I could determine the ring would have fallen out. When I disassembled the pistol at home there was no snap ring found. Glad the pistol was not used in a SD situation.

Officers lives matter!

Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Glad the pistol was not used in a SD situation.

A SD situation is likely point and shoot at 25 feet or less. Sight or lack there of would not make a difference.

Things happen, S&W will make it right.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope S&W makes it right.
I had the front sight come off of my 1911 in the middle of a IPSC match.
Went into point shooting mode to finish that stage.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my front sight and snap ring yesterday in the mail from S&W. Good service from S&W C.S.

Officers lives matter!