SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 new variations? And which is your favorite?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 new variations? And which is your favorite? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I was at the gun store the other day and I overheard the sales guy say they just sold a 365 in the newest variation. He either said long slide of xl and short grip or short slide and long grip. Is this a new model? I tried looking on sigs website but the ammo ad pop up wouldn’t go away and the page kept freezing.

Anybody heard about new variations of the 365?

And what is your favorite set up and model?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Original P365 with the flat 10-rounder. For my cc purpose, it's perfect. Any variations in length or height defeat its purpose.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Original P365 with the flat 10-rounder. For my cc purpose, it's perfect. Any variations in length or height defeat its purpose.

Yup. Any bigger and it’s too big for pocket carry.

Bought mine off my buddy who was doing the tac-packs. He was going to sell it without a 10, thinking I wanted all high capacity. He was happy to give me a 10 instead and so was I. Got a 12 for spare.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I was at the gun store the other day and I overheard the sales guy say they just sold a 365 in the newest variation. He either said long slide of xl and short grip or short slide and long grip. Is this a new model? I tried looking on sigs website but the ammo ad pop up wouldn’t go away and the page kept freezing.

Anybody heard about new variations of the 365?

And what is your favorite set up and model?

The newest variation is the "P365X" which is a P365 length slide with an optic cut mated to a P365XL frame (12 round flush fit magazines). I recently purchased an "X" slide and have played around with it on both P365 and P365XL frames.

My favorite configuration is the "X" slide on a P365 frame.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coma
posted Hide Post
I put the XL grip on my 365 and it is now the perfect carry gun for me.

death and taxes....need i say any more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SIG Super Target SS .45
Bersa .380 model 83
M686 .357 S&W
P239 9MM
P229 .40S&W
p229 .40 legion
p229 9 legion
1911 9 mm
M400 tread coil 5.56.

Posts: 660 | Location: Barrington, NH, usa | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have two P365s and bought a XL with the intention of swapping the slides to make a long slide P365 (P365L) for carry. But I didn’t end up liking the balance of it so I kept carrying the regular P365 with the flush fit 10 round mag.

I did end up loving the 365 slide on the XL frame (P365X) though and so that configuration rides in my HD vest along with a flashlight and two AR mags.

If true, I think it’s cool that Sig made a L and X version. I’ve read a lot of posts from people wanting one or the other.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we please get some BIGGER photos? Big Grin

The X should be the latest model.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the SAS! At first I liked the sight, but it quickly got old, and sold.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365XL has always been perfect for me. I hate having a pinky dangling off the 10 round mag of the original P365 so I would have used a 12 rounder anyhow. The extra .4 in slide length is not only a non issue but another bonus. I also will never use a red dot on my carry pistol so that’s why the XL is perfect for me.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I originally bought it to try it for pocket carry. For what I wear it's just a bit too big so I still pocket carry my LCP.

It's wound up replacing my 229 for IWB carry. It's much more comfortable and easy to conceal. I found myself insisting on the finger extensions for 10 rd mags, or better yet 12 rd mags. So I just bought an XL grip and swapped everything over. Outstanding. For me anyway. I carry it appendix so a longer slide might actually be uncomfortable. So short slide on long grip it is.

Still have the short grip, flush fit 10 rd mag and pocket holster should I wind up with pants that let me pocket carry it.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a 365XL grip module on mine and liked it a lot, however i don't shoot it or carry it any longer....It has become totally unreliable.... it started with failures to extract and now is also plagued with light primer strikes....

I called sig and found that their lifetime warranty only covers Whatever but does not cover wear and tear....the rep did relent and sent me a new extractor assembly.....which had been redesigned and would not fit my 2018 gun...i did use the spring hoping that would cure the problem but it did not...FTE are still pretty common.....he did advise that if i installed it..my warranty would be voided...i could avoid that by sending my gun back along with $80 some dollars for a recondition....

As Far as the light strikes go they would not sell me a striker spring...they would only sell the striker assembly which was not available when i called.....and wolff or anybody else will sell me one...supposedly wolff makes them for sig....

So as i type this my glock 43 is back in my pocket....

D I C K

"Take a kid shooting"

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
So rather than spend $80.00, you're just going to post the same drivel in every Sig P365 thread?

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coma:
I put the XL grip on my 365 and it is now the perfect carry gun for me.

I did not realize the P365X was a 'Crew Served Weapon'... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find that I kinda like the two-tone version of the original 10-rounder, which is odd for me because I'm normally not wired to like guns finished like that (reverse two-tone, otoh...). We got one in and it's one of those 'pleasant change' scenario thingies.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the original 365 with the 10-round pinky extension mag. It's just perfect in every way.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
365XL and loving it. This is one of the most accurate pistols I have, it is more accurate than my P320 Compact (which is pretty good).

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life member
North American Hunting Club Life Member

Posts: 22 | Location: SEMO | Registered: March 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
The 365XL is by far my favorite. Possibly my favorite pistol of all time.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My son who has larger hands than mine wanted to try the XL frame on his two tone standard P365. I bought a him a GGI XL frame and liked it so much that I did the same to my standard P365. It made a great CCW gun perfect for me, and I shoot it better than the standard framed gun.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post