New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210A-9-TGT Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
correction:
mea culpa
Ransom Rest does NOT make separate grip inserts for the P210-6 and the P210A.

I've ordered a set for the P210 so soon I'll find out if it will work on both or not.

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
That's disappointing, because American trigger guard appears to be identical with German Legends and Super Target - being made now for many years.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
quang you are 100% right on the kn stamp.

I talked to the nill rep a few years ago,and a nill grip has the kn letters stamped.

I too quang,am waiting for that 210 6 inch.I hve wanted a 6 inch 9 mm for a long time,.i hd a chance at a sw ppc,but let that gun go by,should have kept it.

The sw 952 ss 6 inch guns are crazy in price..

And the 952 trigger is not worth the money they command.

But i think a sig 210 would be the cats meow.

I know the cz shadow is nice,as i have 2,but that trigger is designed to have a little play in the da /sa/

I might get a accu shadow,and send it to cajun or the angus cz custom crew,and get the trigger more crisper and lighter

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:

I too quang,am waiting for that 210 6 inch.I hve wanted a 6 inch 9 mm for a long time,.i hd a chance at a sw ppc,but let that gun go by,should have kept it.

The sw 952 ss 6 inch guns are crazy in price..

And the 952 trigger is not worth the money they command.

Which Performance Center guns do you have and like? I'm willing to trade.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Although they look like Nill grips and are nicely executed, it is my understanding that the P210A grips are not Nills.

Nill-Griffe has a page on their site where they call out Sig for stealing their designs.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by browndog2:
correction:
mea culpa
Ransom Rest does NOT make separate grip inserts for the P210-6 and the P210A.

I've ordered a set for the P210 so soon I'll find out if it will work on both or not.

looking forward to hearing from you once you get the insert - to see if it works on 210A. I just bought a nice used Ransom Rest and will be insert shopping soon.

posted Hide Post
BullBarrel,

I have the insert now and just spent an hour attempting to remove the grips for the P210A.
Alas, I was unsuccessful in removing the grips. I got a little separation between grips and frame but they would not release. They never spearated at the base. So until I figure how to get the grips off, I cannot say if they fit the ransom rest inserts or not. I'm open to suggestions. I've ruined perfectly good wood grips before so I'm a little shy about applying much pressure on wood grips.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
browndog, I suspect that it's the alignment pin near the bottom of the grip being a little difficult. It s a light press fit into holes drilled into each grip. I would use something non marring like a "Widget" or a wooden chopstick with a flat whittled on the end. Insert it where you can slightly separate the grips, then carefully work it down toward the butt to separate the grip halves.....

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rock185,

Yes, I too think the fit of the alignment pin is my issue. I have a bevelled piece of flat plastic that I use for this type of operation that did not work. I'll likely try to find a small pry bar to apply pressure to the grips from inside the lower frame then go back with my "plastic wedge". I've learned to stop working on stubborne mechanical items when I get frustrated. But it took me a while to realize that. Thanks for the suggestion - confirms I'm on the right track.

posted Hide Post
rock185 & BullBarrel,

Turns out a light pressure in the right place and the grip panels pop right off. While I did not actually clamp the pistol into the rest, the frame seems to fit into the grip insert. Maybe some trimming may be neccessary, but maybe not. Hopefully I can get out to the range when mother nature blesses us with a warm weekend afternoon.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Browndog, glad to hear you got the grips off without further ado. I'll sure be interested in
what the Ransom Rest might be able to tell us tell us about P210A accuracy, and P210-6 too.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
I learned something different. Facory wood grips for pre L&O made for SIG or SAN and SIGSauer pistols came form Morini while Nill was aftermarket only. Wood grips for the P210 made since L&O come from Nill. The Nill logo is not mandatory. There´s several type of Nill grips and not all of them have a logo. Morini is in Switzerland, Nill is in Germany.

So does this mean US-made Sig P210 Target models are made with European, not American walnut? I called Sig and they didn't know. I prefer the look of European.

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Hello Browndog.
Did you get a chance to shoot both in your Ransom Rest?

posted Hide Post
I was wondering when someone would remember this thread. I did shoot both P210s from the ransom rest, but the results were dissappointing. I haven't used the ransom rest in 15 to 20 years and I must have forgotten some of the finer points of its operation. So I only got one decent group from the P210-6. While it appears the P201A does fit in the inserts, it did not seem to be as stable as the -6. Both pistols would only chamber one round (magazine would drop after loading), so I have to figure that out first. I've simplified the mounting block. I hope to try again soon.

posted Hide Post
Finally, I made it out to the range today with the ransom rest and the P210s. Because my results at 50 yards were so dissappointing, I shot these groups at 25 yards. These pics are the best for each, but I do not think these are good groups. It is now my opinion that the random rest grip inserts do not fit the P210A. The act of clamping down the P210A frame in the rest yeilded some blue plastic shavings from the inserts. I do believe that I ruined the grip inserts for the P210-6 by using the P210A. Oh well, lesson learned (I hope). The inserts accomodate the lanyard loop and the old control levers, but not so much for the newer model's levers.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ What are the group sizes?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops, mea culpa

both at 1 inch and a quarter (1 1/4")
measured center to center of the farthest apart.

Which would be good for 50 yards, but not so much at 25

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BullBarrel,

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
quote:
Originally posted by browndog2:
oops, mea culpa

both at 1 inch and a quarter (1 1/4")
measured center to center of the farthest apart.

Which would be good for 50 yards, but not so much at 25

browndog2, considering that the Ransom Rest was not properly setup for P210A, I think that 1 and 1.25" a very respectable group even at 25 y.

But how about these targets ?....Shot by globally ranked Bianchi Cup shooter Kyle Wolfe.

Mind you, these were shot just by hand at 50 y off 'a rest' but NOT a Ransom Rest !!
I will message him about exact measurements (if he has them) but calculating the size of the holes, the groups seem to be not larger than 1.5"

posted Hide Post
BullBarrel,
Those are nice groups.
Today I returned to the range with the P210s and ransom rest.
I got one group out of the P210-6 that was about 3 inches, but the ransom rest insert has been compromised by the P210A. So when I tried the P210A it was no longer stable. 90+ degrees and humid, I gave up early.
So my experiment yeilded no useful data.
oh well.
Still, it was a good range day - I was shooting P210s.