Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210A-9-TGT Login/Join 
posted
Sometimes you put your name on the list and you get a good telephone call. Just arrived a SIG P210A-9-TGT for me. I hope to shoot it tomorrow. Here it is with my 18 year old P210-6 with Nills Target Grips, Nills bolt on beavertail and an adjustable SIG P210 sight from a gunsmith in Europe (via Ebay -SIG said they did not exist).

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! Congrats!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
VERY nice! Congrats!

Yeah!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Browndog, That -6 is a beauty, and I think you'll enjoy that American 210 too. I have a -6 and recently acquired a P210A. Thoroughly enjoying the new gun. It's a better gun than I thought it would be.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rock185,

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. The American is definitely on my get list for this year.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice.
Waiting for the American Super Target. Hope they don't put those front serrations on the long slide. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The rear sight is more smoothly integrated into the slide on the P210A Target. I like that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I have a question about the 210A.

What is the set screw on the beavertail for? The only other guns I have seen with a screw there it was for trigger pull adjustments.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob,
It's location is suspiciously the same as the bolt on Nills beavertail on the P210-6.

posted Hide Post
Craftsmanship aside, for dual Euro and American P210 owners, is the American version meeting your accuracy expectations?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made it out to the range today for the inagural flight for my P210A. It's a keeper. Because I was shooting at only 10 yards the ragged hole in the target does not mean much, but it was fairly consistent in the hands of a shooter who typically isn't.
I was shooting Winchester White box in 115, so I'm looking forward to the results with some 124 gr handloads. At that point I'll take both the P210A and P210-6 for a comparison firing. I may buy the inserts for the Ransom Rest -wondering if they will both take the same insert.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
rbert, the screw in the beavertail performs the same function as on the Swiss -5, -6, etc. guns and the P210 Legends. It simply secures the en bloc hammer/sear group, ensuring that it cannot move at all, and possibly affect trigger quality. The service type -2 guns don't have the screw. The en bloc -2 group just drops into the frame. I purchased a couple of -2 guns new years ago, and can't say I really noticed any negative effect on trigger quality in the absence of the screw. The en bloc assy. fits very precisely into the frame, screw or not. In any case, the beavertail screw doesn't adjust anything.

Browndog, the P210A grip frame is different enough from Swiss and German guns, I kind of doubt the same Ransom Rest inserts would work well with both the American and earlier P210s...ymmv

SS, I have both American and European P210s. And yes, the American version more than lives up to my expectations as to accuracy.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock,
You are correct. Ransom Rest lists two different product numbers for the P210 and P210A. I'm going tohave to think about if its worth buying two sets.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I picked a P210A today, joining the cool kids already here.
I saw my first "American" at the Sig booth at the Dallas Safari Club event a couple weeks ago. I was impressed by the fit and finish of their sample. I mentioned to the Sig staffer I was talking with that I had not seen one on the shelf to that point.

The guys at Spring Guns and Ammo had a fair price and I have been espousing the value of buying local, so I did.

Cant wait to get it to the range.

Do we know if the grips are Nill grips, they sure look like they could be?

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Although they look like Nill grips and are nicely executed, it is my understanding that the P210A grips are not Nills.

NRA Life

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If there are no KN signatures, either on the outside or inside, then it's not Nill. That's what the Nill rep told me a few years ago, when I inquired about certain wood grips.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
I cannot remember the reference but I believe the parent holding company owns a factory in Bulgaria and they make all SIG grips not sourced from contractors?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
I learned something different. Facory wood grips for pre L&O made for SIG or SAN and SIGSauer pistols came form Morini while Nill was aftermarket only. Wood grips for the P210 made since L&O come from Nill. The Nill logo is not mandatory. There´s several type of Nill grips and not all of them have a logo. Morini is in Switzerland, Nill is in Germany.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
I learned something different. Facory wood grips for pre L&O made for SIG or SAN and SIGSauer pistols came form Morini while Nill was aftermarket only. Wood grips for the P210 made since L&O come from Nill. The Nill logo is not mandatory. There´s several type of Nill grips and not all of them have a logo. Morini is in Switzerland, Nill is in Germany.

Not mandatory externally, yes. But, "KN" has always been on the inner surface of the grip panel. At least, that's what I was told.

Q