SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slide Refinish Advice?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide Refinish Advice? Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Does the CPII finish closely resemble the original factory/Klein nickel plating on Sigs?

I took a nickel WG P226 in a trade that I had CCR refinish.
They did the frame and black parts in Cerahide and the nickel in CPII.
<snipped all the pictures.>

Thank you. It's really hard to tell in pictures though. I'm sure they don't do CCR any justice. Pictures always seem to show a matte gray finish. I don't see any nickel "shine." What can you tell me?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you. It's really hard to tell in pictures though. I'm sure they don't do CCR any justice. Pictures always seem to show a matte gray finish. I don't see any nickel "shine." What can you tell me?

I shared your same concern, a lot of the pics I see look more like a bake-on finish than a true nickel plating. I had a formerly junk slide done during their last big sale, just to see how it looked in person before I send them any important projects. They absolutely blew me away with how great the finish looks, and now I'm planning to get the frame plated during their current sale, and planning out some other projects as well.

CPII looks awesome in person. It does have that low gloss nickel shine, and it does look as good as the factory nickel finishes, IMO.

There are some other great pics in their old sale thread that show the finish better as well, and PGT even posted a side-by-side with factory nickel and CPII: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4550021734/p/1

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I missed that thread. In that comparison pic, the CCR looks better than factory!

Now a personal opinion question: would it be sacrilege to have my rail-less, stainless, Ilafon, German, P226 (from Afton Arms several years ago) refinished in the CPII?

Year V

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. I missed that thread. In that comparison pic, the CCR looks better than factory!

Now a personal opinion question: would it be sacrilege to have my rail-less, stainless, Ilafon, German, P226 (from Afton Arms several years ago) refinished in the CPII?

Not if is what you want.
It's your pistol, do as you wish.

I've had several slides and parts done in CPII.
My everyday carry LCP looks great, several years after having it done.

When I first had is done, along with my P239 SAS done in CPII.

After a few years of daily carry.
It looks yellowed in the pic, but that is just the light.

They have also done a few Glock slides/barrels for me in CPII.

The CPII truly does have lubricating properties.
I'd never run any of my firearms dry, but I use very little Slide Glide on the rails and barrels of my Glocks done in CPII.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Rat:
Is the Nikote about the only option for a Sig anodized aluminum frame?

TR

No, you can cerahide it with no issues.

SIG P229 in tritanium cerahide on slide and frame, controls in house black and barrel in CPII

SIG P228 in CPII/Nikote with Glock 35 slide in CPII.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Not if is what you want.
It's your pistol, do as you wish..

I agree with this.
Something else to think about, though. This P226 there is not just some run-of-mill SIG. It is very desirable in its original state. If you plan on keeping it and shoot the heck out of it, then yeah, refinish all you want. But, if you're just holding on to it to fondle and keeping it for its collectors value and selling it later, then no, I would not recommend any refinishing, no matter how great the refinishing is.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I agree with this.
Something else to think about, though. This P226 there is not just some run-of-mill SIG. It is very desirable in its original state. If you plan on keeping it and shoot the heck out of it, then yeah, refinish all you want. But, if you're just holding on to it to fondle and keeping it for its collectors value and selling it later, then no, I would not recommend any refinishing, no matter how great the refinishing is.

~Sigh~
I agree. I wish Jamie had the unfinished stainless version. I jumped at the chance at the time thinking it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get full stainless without a rail.

Year V