SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slide Refinish Advice?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide Refinish Advice? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
CCR refinished the slide for my SIG. Quick turn-around time and the work is very good. There was a place in Michigan and I honestly don't recall the name. It was considered but I chose CCR. I read some nightmare stories about the other firm. The did a cylinder for a Mod. 38 I had and it came out very nice.

Posts: 267 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
CCR hands down.
Brad and Mary have done a few full pistols and many parts for me over the years..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are CCR finishes just for the metal parts of the gun or also for polymer frames?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Are CCR finishes just for the metal parts of the gun or also for polymer frames?

Metal, unless they have come up with something I don't know about.

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Cerahide is like a coating or finish.
Much more durable than bake on paint.

CPII is an actually plating.

CPII on the slide and parts.
Cerahide on the frame.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post and pictures 1lowlife. Your photos look great and explain a lot. Nice guns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Yes we refinish polymer frames

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Yes we refinish polymer frames

You see, Brad did come up with polymer refinish I didn't know about..
I learned something today.. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
1lowlife
We have been refinishing polymer for years Smile

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They did my gen2 Glock 19 frame in tan way back in the day. It still looks new whenever I visit it (my mom borrowed it years ago and hasn't returned it)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruquikr:
quote:
I had my P230 slide done by CCR (lots of finish wear on it when I bought it). Looks better than new now...just amazing work.

Please tell me that's their CPII Dusk.

I have a P229 slide, and a CZ75 Compact @ CCR now to get refinished in CPII Dusk. If either look anywhere near that fantastic when they return, then I'll be blown away.

Indeed, it is.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the CCR website, decide which finish you like and then call Mary if you have any questions.
Ship it off to them and wait a while. The time you wait will be quickly forgotten when you receive your item back. Cleaning up an old,pitted ,firearm takes a lot of hand work and CCR does it well. I have had other companies refinish a couple long guns and several pistols over the years and in each case square, flat edges came back "rounded". Numbers and lettering were also deformed.
CCR. You will not be disappointed!

Posts: 167 | Location: Central Florida-Behind the orange safety cones | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, back from the dead.
Would you do slide and barrel?
And would Dusk or CeraHide match the factory black alloy frame better? I like the protection/lubricity of the plating, but am thinking the coating may be a better match for color.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
So, back from the dead.
Would you do slide and barrel?
And would Dusk or CeraHide match the factory black alloy frame better? I like the protection/lubricity of the plating, but am thinking the coating may be a better match for color.

Reach out to them. They have a Spring Sale going on right now and have posted this in the classifieds.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8350038044

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
OP, you need CCR CPII Dusk.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WesleyDelArma
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had the CP II or CP II Dusk plating done to a revolver? Can that even be done?

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

We do all makes and models of firearms

423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Does the CPII finish closely resemble the original factory/Klein nickel plating on Sigs?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raptor23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I had my P230 slide done by CCR (lots of finish wear on it when I bought it). Looks better than new now...just amazing work.

Is that a .32 cal P230?

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the Nikote about the only option for a Sig anodized aluminum frame?

TR

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Does the CPII finish closely resemble the original factory/Klein nickel plating on Sigs?

I took a nickel WG P226 in a trade that I had CCR refinish.
They did the frame and black parts in Cerahide and the nickel in CPII.

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Rat:
Is the Nikote about the only option for a Sig anodized aluminum frame?

TR

I had a 2-tone P229 SAS redone entirely in Cerahide.
I can't remember what color it was.