SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who has Agent sights on your Glock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has Agent sights on your Glock? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I bought a pair of Ameriglo sights when then Gen5 came out as I couldn’t find the “Agent” sights at the time. They were absolutely horrible as the rear sight notch was about 3x wider than needed. I ditched them and put on a set of HDs.

The problem I don’t like about HDs is they impact high at 25 yards.

For those who have the Agent sights, have you shot them at 25 yards, and if so, how well do they zero? And what about the Agent rear sight? Is it proportional to where it should be or it overly wide?

If they zero ok, I may buy a set for my G48 project gun.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I have them on my 19 gen 5, they impact where they should and I don’t consider them too wide. I also have the HDs on my HK P2000. I prefer the Agent sights but not by much

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
I've had them on my 19 for several months now.

They are set up as a "drive the dot" sight picture. So I find it a bit more difficult to make tight groups at 25 yards (although the biggest problem is still a little bit of weak trigger control). Tight groups were slightly easier to achieve, at longer ranges, with the top edge of the sight, when using my old Warren Tactical/Sevigny sights.

Some folks I work with "drive the dot" until they get to the 25 yard shots on our qual, and then transition to using the top of edge of the sight, holding about 4" high. I just continue to use the dot at the longer ranges.

However, for me, at 7-10 yards, the nice big orange circle makes picking up the front sight during the press out, and tracking the front sight during a string of shots, much easier/faster than trying to track the top edge of a sight.

In general I like them.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have them on 9 glocks and 2 sigs I don't shoot much from 25 yards so I couldn't tell you at 7 to 10 they are perfect. I like them so much thats all I use. sorry couldn't be more help.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I bought a pair of Ameriglo sights when then Gen5 came out as I couldn’t find the “Agent” sights at the time. They were absolutely horrible as the rear sight notch was about 3x wider than needed. I ditched them and put on a set of HDs.

For those who have the Agent sights, have you shot them at 25 yards, and if so, how well do they zero? And what about the Agent rear sight? Is it proportional to where it should be or it overly wide?

Can't comment about shooting 25 yards, but the HD rears are a tad wider than the Agents if you are concerned about wide rear notches.

Gen5 Glocks require a different height front or rear sights than gen4 and below.

Agent .165" notch
HD .169" notch

I have the HD, HD XR, and Agents with the wide front and narrow front. I never found them to be too wide, even with the thinner fronts.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
My neighbor was just issued the new G19 with Agent sights and I was able to shoot it several weeks ago. I run a 10-8 .158" rear notch sight on my VP9 with a Dawson Tritium front. The agent sights were tighter with smaller light bars on each side of the front sight. As for zero, our range was limited to about 45 ft but they seemed to hit what the dot covered at the ranges I shot them at. Ammo was standard velocity 115 grn.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
In light of the comment above on Agent sight notch width, I wonder if the front sight is wider than my Dawson front. That would account for the narrower light bars?

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:
In light of the comment above on Agent sight notch width, I wonder if the front sight is wider than my Dawson front. That would account for the narrower light bars?

Most likely. Many if not most fiber optic fronts are thin like .125 while standard HD and Agent fronts are around .144 or so.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

How wide was the Ameriglo rear notch?
The Sevigny sights are .150 rears but they offer a .130 rear if you like the tighter window.
https://sevignyperformance.com/products-page/

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are set up as a "drive the dot" sight picture.

Egads. A SIG "combat" sight picture on a Glock? Heavens to Betsy, the world is coming to an end! Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had them on my G19/5, and sold them, the rear sight notch is too wide for my taste, at 25 i've needed to concentrate more cause thers is a lot more light on both sides of the front sight.
At 25 they shoot a little bit low for me. I've chenged them for regular glock night sights.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post