SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP5 owners, step on it
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP5 owners, step on it Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The PDW stock looks about as close as one can get before having to 'stamp' the gun for a genuine A3 stock. Nice, tight lockup and looks great IMO. Threw some extra rare HK RAL8000 German mags and a Sig P229 Equinox Elite 9mm in there for added scenery.

20200430_203308 by m b, on Flickr

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
How’s everyone liking their SP5?

I have mine coming in this week. I’ve never had the urge to blow so much money on a gun, but being a child of the 80s and 90s and watching action movies, I needed this gun in my life.

Last week I woke up and said, “I need an an SP5 immediately and I want to get raped on Gun Broker to get it ASAP”.

I cannot wait to get this thing. Finally, my HK45 will have a expensive friend to hang out with, as opposed to slumming it with all my other guns. Razz

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old thread, but what's not to like if you understand what it is. Since this thread started I've probably tossed another 5K rounds down mine. It still has the same issues and positives. on a good note a few of the spares I was looking for were available. But in any case enjoy.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my SP5 from the local gun store. $2499 out the door. Put on a new hand guard and the SBS stock. Next a red dot, then a B&T folding stock, then a tax stamp, and then another tax stamp for a suppressor for use with the three lug mount...

Love shooting this gun though.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
How’s everyone liking their SP5?

Love it. Got mine a couple of months ago or so, from my LGS for retail price. Didn't shoot it until last month, when I bought and installed an SB Tactical PDW brace, LOTS of fun. Very accurate, even with the notch rear sight. Just received a diopter rear sight replacement today from HK Parts (USA part), so sight picture will be better for me, once I install it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the smaller size, but this necro thread has me jonesing for a sp5.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry DSgrouse, the smaller size of what?
In any case for those that don't want to spring for an HK I bought a PTR to take some of the pressure off my shooting the SP5 in matches and quite frankly other than brand its been completely the same and has a few pluses like the rail.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am unsubscribing from this thread...... It is going to cost me money.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Sorry DSgrouse, the smaller size of what?
In any case for those that don't want to spring for an HK I bought a PTR to take some of the pressure off my shooting the SP5 in matches and quite frankly other than brand its been completely the same and has a few pluses like the rail.

I have a PTR 9KT. My comment was directly for that. I love the MP5 Platform. The MP5K size is my prefered. Out of my FM9, MPX, BNT, Kriss. The PTR9KT is awesome. Just, the right size and wonderful to shoot.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:

I’m still trying to figure out what the title of this thread means Razz

...step on what?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
Good grief...

This thread brings me back to the early 90s with action movies and when I played counter strike.

My $5,000 question is... how customizable are these?!

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bschuu:
Good grief...

This thread brings me back to the early 90s with action movies and when I played counter strike.

Stupid levels of customizable. It's not an AR, but it has a lot of options.

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Good grief...

Stupid levels of customizable. It's not an AR, but it has a lot of options.

You've got a beautiful setup. How do you like it??
(Loaded question, I'm assuming you love it like you should Wink )

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine isn't an HK, it is the PTR9kt same kind of thing as SP5K.

I had the ejector break on me at about 400 rounds. Ptr sent me a replacement but I put a HK ejector in just in case. I have the ptr as a spare.

Since I have a lot of cans, I suppress it. I changed out the locking lug from the 110* to the 80*. The ptr bolt was pretty stiff, so it took a bit to get the locking lug to fit.

Shooting, it is very soft. The MPX is softer, but it is a lot larger. the ptr Is Gassy, but all mp5's are. The mpx has less gas, but is more finicky IMHO

Here is a pic of the two together with and without cans

As you can see the SP5 would be a much better comparison to the MPX.

Here it is next to the BNT and the Kriss

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
I'm drooling.. hot damn!

Good looking pieces, sir.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm drooling.. hot damn!

Good looking pieces, sir.

I'm a guppy when compared to hrcjon. thank you though. These PCC's are a lot of fun to shoot. They are all worth it.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to “slap it like it owes me money”.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:

Resistance is futile...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:

Resistance is futile...

I can’t see this. I unsubscribed.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, we only go around once. I only have two MP5 clones currently, and both are shooters......I am not a collector. I don't think I have ever met a person that had a 100% functioning MP5/clone that was unhappy with it. There might be such a person, but I have never met him.

If/when HK starts shipping more SP5s into the USA, I might well have to have "just one more"!!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post