SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP5 owners, step on it
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP5 owners, step on it Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
HK RAL8000

everytime I open this thread I have to stare at those mags. OK who can create some from some of my mp5 mags. I know originals are probably impossible. I looked at our hero's at CCR and don't see something close. ideas...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
HK RAL8000

everytime I open this thread I have to stare at those mags. OK who can create some from some of my mp5 mags. I know originals are probably impossible. I looked at our hero's at CCR and don't see something close. ideas...

I had to google this. Hot damn. Now I am interested.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Well, I got it.

I totally overpaid for it, but I also didn't want to wait 12 months (damn millennials and their need for instant gratification!). Just something I've always wanted.

SP5 with HK45.

As a bonus, the guy I purchased it from is a Gun Reviewer/HK Dealer/Tactical Shooting Instructor and a big time gun rights advocate (cool guy to know).

He let me and my buddy shoot his full auto guns as long as we provided ammo. I was in a rush, so unfortunately I only had time to shoot the Uzi and a 9mm M16. Loved that Uzi!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Congrats RAMIUS.

If you end up slapping a brace on it or SBR it, one mod I would recommend is replacing the rear castle sight drum with a diopter one. The German HK ones are impossible to find, but HK parts has a USA duplicate that is an excellent replacement. Provides the "real" MP5 sight picture.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you got it RAMIUS. If you keep it nice, and enjoy it, I doubt that you will lose any/minimal money on it IF you ever decide to move it.

I can't imagine selling mine......even if I was hungry!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Finally got my SP5 the other day. It feels better in person than I even imagined. Takes me back to my childhood seeing it on the big screen so many times and thinking “wow how great would it be to own one of those”. Well it ain’t full auto, but it’s close enough for me. Still have a smile from ear to ear three days later when I look at it.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Definitely a unique firearm and a thing of beauty.

Now, slap it like it owes you money!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally I started using my MP5 for fun at tactical matches (it sucks since MP5 reloads are truly and pathetically slow) but it was a lot of fun. But the HK was so nice that I decided to get a clone to not abuse it. First firearm that I ever cared to preserve the finish.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
If I had an SP5, I wouldn’t step on it.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
They just announced the new SP5K

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for HK now if they could just
Make enough of them that one can find one.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
They just announced the new SP5K

Come to papa!!

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Yeah that looks sweet. HK listened I guess to complaints about the original SP5K. That will look sick with the folding brace.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Awesome News! These things are going to move!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just heard my bank account shudder!!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OK, please educate the ignorant, here. What's changed with the latest offering pictured above? The original paddle mag release is back? What else?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

Along with the missing paddle mag release, the new one has a tri lug/1/2"X28 threaded barrel.