SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are the thinnest grips for a P228?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the thinnest grips for a P228? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
Probably not gonna CCW this gun, but I like thin grips. I have a '95 P228 with stock grips. Are E2s thinner? Anything else?

Posts: 3535 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are the thinnest grips for a P228?

E2, then G10. The factory wood grips are the thickest.

For the P228, the factory plastic grips are actually just a little thinner side to side than the G10. But, the G10 front-to-back measurement is quite shorter, making it overall "shorter" to reach the trigger.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Good. I like E2s.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Also, will E2 grips for a P229 fit a P228? I don't see any listed as for a P228.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Also, will E2 grips for a P229 fit a P228? I don't see any listed as for a P228.

228 and 229 use the same grip.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
This topic got me to thinking about grips for the P229 that SIG no longer makes called the P229 Slim Grips. I don't know if they were narrower, but I believe they were slimmer by virtue of having a straight backstrap with no palm swell. Anyone ever have these, and if so, are they "thinner" than the E2s?

Not sure where I got this photo from years ago. Slim grips on left.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the E2 as well, but they have a tendency to loosen with time which messes with your shooting. I changed one pair to the G10s which are attached with screws. No problems and only slightly thicker.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
This topic got me to thinking about grips for the P229 that SIG no longer makes called the P229 Slim Grips. I don't know if they were narrower, but I believe they were slimmer by virtue of having a straight backstrap with no palm swell. Anyone ever have these, and if so, are they "thinner" than the E2s?

Not sure where I got this photo from years ago. Slim grips on left.

That's what I have on my duty weapon. Not sure where they scrounged them up at as SIG had quit making them before we switched over. I like them. Not as much as G10, but I like them. E2s feel "thinner" to me, but these feel better. Your mileage may of course vary.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post