SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P2000 vs. USPc
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P2000 vs. USPc Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P2000 over the USPc. To me, the P2000 has one of the best grips on the market. I also have a P2000sk that I like as well. As mentioned, you don’t buy the P2000/USP line for a great DA trigger. That being said, my Nano has really taken away the stress I used to have for HK DA/SA pistols - go figure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I have both but disagree. I find the P2000 improved in almost every way. Mainly in the ergos. The squarish grip of the USPc feels like a 2x4 compared to the much more human shape of the P2000. Adding the adjustable backstrap is a win unless the stock USPc fits you perfectly. It already has a factory melt compared to the USPc as well. Ambi controls don't mean much to this right hander but I will take them over non ambi. Same mags.

I shoot the P2000 much better, especially on longer range sessions, just on improved handling qualities alone.

I shoot LEM on both.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both in 9mm. I feel there are good bits of the USPc (grip texture is superior, IMO), and the P2000 (basically everything, namely slimness of the controls and ergonomics in general). The P2000 is an early 2000s upgrade to the USPc and it shows (agencies still wanted smooth side grip textures for some reason). If the P2000 gained the P30 or USPc grip texture, it would be perfect, IMO.

I still like the P2000 a wee bit more, all things considered, but I do not consider it a “near perfect” pistol.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Slight drift.... does anyone know if the magazine “bodies” of the 9mm and 40 P2000sk are the same dimensions? HKParts has a finger extension for the 9mm mags that adds one round. I’m not concerned with the extra round, however if it fit the 40 mag body it would give my fingers a nice place to rest.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have uspc in 40 v1 (da/sa) and p2000 in 9mm da/sa. Prefer the USPc but will admit that the p2000 feels better in hand. Both point naturally for me. USPc = 12 rounds of 40/357, p2000 = 13 rounds of 9mm (caliber preference is up to you). I think the USPc has the better trigger of the two. The USPc also has the filed down, smooth hammer which is something I wish more carry guns had. All that said real differences would be if you wanted a safety and cared where the decocker was (assuming you want da/sa and not the LEM trigger). You should be able to pick up a p2000 for less than an USPc in similar condition. I would also add that the p2000 in 9mm is extremely soft shooting for it's size/weight. Bit so is the uspc. As many would recommend, decide what caliber you want then try to hold and shoot both. I do prefer the usp but have nothing bad to say about either. Get some flat magazine base pads if yoi can too.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Slight drift.... does anyone know if the magazine “bodies” of the 9mm and 40 P2000sk are the same dimensions? HKParts has a finger extension for the 9mm mags that adds one round. I’m not concerned with the extra round, however if it fit the 40 mag body it would give my fingers a nice place to rest.

HK offers an OEM one now. It’s made for the VP9sk/P30sk but will fit the P2000sk with some
light filing. It doesn’t add capacity but does give you that needed purchase for a full grip.
HK Parts charged $10 a pop but I just ordered a pair for my new P30sk from HK for $21 shipped.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you Prefontaine...that’s what I was trying to figure out. I have a VP9sk and the mags have the finger extensions on them. I read that they might fit the P2000sk mags also. I went to FOUR gun shops today looking for a P2000 in *any* variation to try this extension on. Nobody had the gun or mags!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post