SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P2000 vs. USPc
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P2000 vs. USPc Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
From what I’ve gathered, the P2000 is a slightly more refined version of the USPc...? I know it’s got interchangeable grip panels, but are there any other major differences? I’m on be hunt for a .40 LEM gun to put a .357 barrel in and trying to decide between the two. Thanks for the input!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Location of the decocking lever is a big one. The USPc had the 1911 style decocker and the 2k has it in the back of the frame. I think that back in the day the 2k also had a better DA out of the box.

Since you are looking LEM that won’t be a big difference for you.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sir. That helps!

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I had both, just have the P2K now. The grip felt better in my hand with the P2K. Had both in 9mm. Still have the P2K in 9mm and also in .357 SIG.

Trigger wise, I do remember the P2K being a little better than the USPc but that could be because of the grip. Neither was "good" as far as I could tell. Maybe the LEM is better but both of mine were DA/SA.

Posts: 13044 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I had a P30sk briefly that was a LEM gun, I shot it quite well.. plus most of my guns a striker fired. To me the LEM is closer in feel to what I’m use to. My DASA guns are tuned CZ’s.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The P2000 doesn’t have interchangeable grip panels, that’s the P30. The P2000 does have backstraps that you can change out.

The P2000/sk both handle 357sig quite well. For carry I much preferred the P2000sk. Targetmaster In Garland used to have a LEM P2000sk rental but I just checked and it’s not on the list any longer. I guess they sold it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12567 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the correction Prefontaine, I had it right in my head but my fingers didn’t. I appreciate you checking on the rental.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I'll take the USP series every day all day over the P2000 series. My USPc just feels better in every way to me, more solid, aggressive grip texture, and the controls are more intuitaive for me. I have not liked the P2000, P30, or VP9 series even remotely as much as the USP guns. Just my opinion of course. Lots of P2000 fans in here.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
In LEM it’s pretty much a grip thing only.

In V3 DA/SA it’s a control thing. The P2000 is sleeker and much more carry friendly.

USP triggers contrary to what has been said feel better to me in DA/SA guise. That being said it’s the difference of dragging a stick through broken glas vs rocks. You don’t buy an HK for it’s marvelous trigger. (Yes exceptions but the general rule stands).

Honestly it comes down to what you want. If you are looking for a Glock 19/23 with a hammer go P2000. If you want cocked and locked go USP.

No matter your choice run 100-200 rounds of hotter / heavier ammo through it to loosen it up. Most HKs are sprung heavy and fit tight. They do need a bit of break in if you want to run 115 grain powder puff stuff. So give it a good run with 124 grain NATO or +P or defensive or 147 grain stuff before you run the 115 grain cheap stuff. In .40 do the same only use 180 grain or hotter defensive ammo although the .40s are less sensitive since it’s a hot round already.

Clean and lubricate them out of the box.

I love my P2000s warts and all. I have them in .40 and 9mm. They will run P30 mags just fine. I have relied on them for many years now for carry and nightstand. Understand that they are old school hammer fired guns. If you are used to a striker then the transition can be somewhat difficult. IMO if you are looking at LEM......you really want a striker fired gun.

As far as go to war guns go, they are hell for stout.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7629 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ohh and they are HK and they..........used to hate you. Smile

The reality is their CS has been very good for many years now. I haven’t needed to send a gun in but have emailed a few questions and I got a reply in every case, quickly and with good valid information. My questions were not sales related in any way so I was fairly impressed.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7629 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I had both in 357. Both had slides and internals done in NP3 by Robar. Both were DA/SA versions. I tried LEM in the USPc and didn't like it.

I carried the P2000 more because I carried with a WML and didn't bother to buy an adapter for the USPc.

Mags are the same and were shared. It's all in how you like the grip and if you want cocked and locked or not. But if you're doing LEM, then it's a toss up between the two. Either will serve you fine, just try both grips out.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7991 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have any interest in a P30sk in LEM? I only ask as it is a nice pistol to ccw and shoot. The best thing about the P30sk is that you can customize the grip to your liking, (ex.,fatter panels on one side and smaller on the other), and prices are lower now on them. Unless you already have a 357 barrel for a p2000/uspc, you might give them a look.

If you already have your mind made up, I would definitely go with a P2000 or maybe a P2000sk, as it is a little more comfortable in many aspects compared to the USPc, in my opinion. I have had all of them at one time or another and prefer the grip of the p2000.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LEM on the USP compact is way better than the P2000 / P30 series. The reset point is about 50% shorter on the USP guns. Shoot them side by side and decide.

Dave

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I love the USP but don't have a compact version, just full size. I do have the HK P2000 and it is a great gun but I think I want the USP compact as well. Of course I would install the light LEM if I couldn't get a gun with it.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys very much for the info and advice. I really appreciate it! I’m not new to HK, I own two VP9’s and did have a DASA USPc....but it was *years* ago and I don’t remember much about how it shot.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I never owned a USP/c but have had three each P2000/P2000sk pistols, all V2 LEM. If you want more compact, the P2000sk might be a better choice. Either platform handles the .357sig just fine. Finding a P2000/P2000sk in factory .357sig isn't going to be easy or inexpensive. Finding a .40s&w is easy, relatively inexpensive and versatile with the .357sig barrel.

They have a narrow profile compared to other double stack pistols. The back strap versatility enhances the narrow ergonomic grip.

Some do not like the rough grip texture of the USP/c and some think the grip of the P2000 is to "slippery". If you intend to use a light, the USP/c requires an adapter if I'm not mistaken whereas the P2000 does not.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yep, this gun is being used to fill my 40/357 niche for sure. I started off looking for a P2000sk to convert, but started considering the P2000 to handle recoil better. You guys are muddying the water, now I can’t decide!!

posted Hide Post
dry-fly, I have both, the HKuspCompact in 9 and the HK p2000 in .40/357(now also 9mm).
Between the two, my preference is the p2000! Feels better shooting, carries better, and now I switch between 3 calibers.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Is the trigger reset length on the DA/SA USPc also shorter than the P2000? I have read the USP reset is shorter than the P30 but wasn't sure if the P2000 shared the trigger characteristics of the P30 or USP.

I have a P2000SK but haven't compared the trigger side by side with the USPc.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Yep, this gun is being used to fill my 40/357 niche for sure. I started off looking for a P2000sk to convert, but started considering the P2000 to handle recoil better. You guys are muddying the water, now I can’t decide!!

May be placebo, but in 357sig/40sw, I always though the P2000sk was the better out of the pair for some reason. I did a lot of back to back testing when I had them. I converted the si to light lem too and after 500 or so rounds it started wearing in nicely and the trigger smoothed out some.

Just to muddy the water some more for you Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12567 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post