SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Replacing SIG adjustable rear sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacing SIG adjustable rear sight Login/Join 
Picture of scenarlob
posted
Wondering if it’s possible to swap the stock rear sight on a P220 super match for a fixed night sight.

In religion as in other aspects of his life Timur was above all an opportunist; his religion served frequently to further his aims, but almost never to circumscribe his actions.

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scenarlob:
Wondering if it’s possible to swap the stock rear sight on a P220 super match for a fixed night sight.

I'm assuming this is the same adjustable rear sight that came on the P220 10mm. It does not appear there are many options, though some are starting to appear. One thing to note, is when you remove the sight, the firing pin safety is fully exposed (bored through). The FPS spring actually helps hold the adjustable sight in place. There is also a small set screw in the sight to help hold the sight in place, but as installed by SIG it is weak. I fixed that by replacing the set screw with a pointed one, and drilling a small dent into the sight seat area on the slide, and locktighting it. Now the sight is firmly in place when you take the slide apart.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scenarlob
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. Replacing the front sight with something in the high visibility spectrum looks
like a simple place to start. The existing rear sight is actually starting to grow on me anyhow.

In religion as in other aspects of his life Timur was above all an opportunist; his religion served frequently to further his aims, but almost never to circumscribe his actions.

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 220 Dark Elite that had the adjustable rear sight. Took it off and discovered the it is a different height than the standard Sig sight size, so I couldn't replace it with the usual #6 and #8. Dawson Precision has a fixed rear that fit perfectly. I would give them a call to make sure you get the right one, but it was around $40 and I couldn't be happier.

Posts: 45 | Registered: June 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post