SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Login/Join 
posted
I'm new as of today and would appreciate some info on the p226. I have come across a 1988 W.Germany and I don't understand why the label on the box is as this...P226A Can't find anything about this "A" Sig didn't even know They said their knowledge on the 226 was unknown until later years. Guess I should tell that I'm actually a Colt man ,but Sig has become my new drug. Oh yeah thought I should mention the gun is in a small black plastic case but I've learned that it should be in a yellow cardboard.Thanks for any and all help.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by semihole:
I'm new as of today and would appreciate some info on the p226. I have come across a 1988 W.Germany and I don't understand why the label on the box is as this...P226A Can't find anything about this "A" Sig didn't even know They said their knowledge on the 226 was unknown until later years. Guess I should tell that I'm actually a Colt man ,but Sig has become my new drug. Oh yeah thought I should mention the gun is in a small black plastic case but I've learned that it should be in a yellow cardboard.Thanks for any and all help.

What are all the info on the box label? Item number? Could have been a refurbished gun.
Yes, that black box is definitely not original to the gun, when it came out in 1988. Should be yellow cardboard with red velvety foam interior.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry it took so long to get back. I've a lot of irons in the fire. Having to go by memory now cause gun is removed from GB per my direct purchase. SIG P226A 226 9mm refinished slide serial # U356xxx item # 119997xxxx. That's it. Thanks

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by semihole:
I'm sorry it took so long to get back. I've a lot of irons in the fire. Having to go by memory now cause gun is removed from GB per my direct purchase. SIG P226A 226 9mm refinished slide serial # U356xxx item # 119997xxxx. That's it. Thanks

You should be able to search it under the Advanced option for completed auctions, unless it has been more than 60 days.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got It. I finally figured that out. I'm old school but teachable. Thanks