SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What new 2017 striker fire pistol do you plan to get?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What new 2017 striker fire pistol do you plan to get? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Glock GenM...or Gen5, if it happens.

Ignoring Glock: if I were to buy another from one of the alien species it would probably be the CZ first, with one of the premium SIGs in the 'maybe' category unless S&W releases a 2.0 in an upgrade version. However I'm always interested with strikers and if the APX or some other suddenly seems to hit that 'buy me' button, who knows? More likely that I'll wait until 2018 and calm, settled dust before doing anything in THIS arena.

Gut feel: 2018 rolls around, and the Hudson will still be MIA.

I spoke to the dude that owns my LGS last night. He stated that the Smith and Wesson rep was in yesterday, and that he stated that there are a bunch of new 2.0 guns coming in the near future. To include some Performance Center offerings.

I asked him if he asked about the 9c 2.0 and he said the rep was sheepish and didn't know specifics.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I might give the FN 509 a try.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
If they'd release one sans thumb safety and in black, a 5" M&P 2.0 is appealing.
But so is the CZ P10C...

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see and handle a Grand Power P40 10mm....would consider buying one if it fit my hands.

No one around here even carries them. Frown

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Yeah...I missed a few options like the vp9sk, Glock Gen 4.5 or 5, and the M&P 2.0. Just comment if you plan to get those. It is surprising how sig should be able to sell a lot of the P320 X series. I wpull be interested but accuracy report has not been the best.

What accuracy report?? Even the plain Jane P320s have proven to be extremely accurate.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
No M&P 2.0 on the list?

I'll probably pickup another late summer for an RMR project.

Nice! I read your thread on the M&P 2.0 and very encouraging as are others I have read and great reports on accuracy compared to sporadic problems reported with full size 9MM M&P. Though I did not get to put many rounds through the guns I tried I really liked the M&P 2.0 and better than the CZ P-10C. Hoping they do make the M&P 2.0 Compact.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I said none. I toyed with the idea of buying a VP9 last year but never followed through.

I'll probably put those funds towards a Mk23 or a silencer for my M1A.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know which model, X5 or not, but a 320 is on my list.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The p320x-c intrigues me and will eventually get one when they become more available. I also would like a Walther ppq m1, but I just blew my wad on two Sig p226 vintage late 1980s on gunbroker and need to cool my heals.

Long live the da/sa hammer!!!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DitchDoctor911:
Don't know which model, X5 or not, but a 320 is on my list.

Mine too and a ton of others I am sure. I overheard my LGS, which is a very large and high volume one, discussing the P320 the other day and how they are flying off the self since SIG won the Army and ICE contracts.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I will look at them to see if any of them strike a fancy.

I have a feeling the Beretta will be the sleeper of the bunch. People made fun of the looks of the slide. Well, I heard at least one person say it is the best slide design for manipulation he has handled.

We will see.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Replacement Tommel:
I might give the FN 509 a try.

A little bit cheaper Smile

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
About the only striker I'm interested in is a G40, or a 17L, might have to get one or both...

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
HK VP9-SK

Yeah, I've been debating about that one. HK is currently offering a short-term pro deal to factory authorized LGS employees on the VPs, including the as yet unreleased VP9SK. At a nice price, but I can't see myself ever carrying one. I mean, drop it in the sand or mud and, well, y'know.... Wink Razz

Still, I DO like shooting my VP9...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:At a nice price, but I can't see myself ever carrying one. I mean, drop it in the sand or mud and, well, y'know.... Wink Razz.

Not to mention smashing it against steel plate.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
It's not listed but I'd really like to get my hands on the Sig P320 X Carry.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Just got a M&P 2.0 9mm. Plan to by a .45 compact if they make it in the 2.0.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
P320 Compact w/manual safety.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cannot imagine any thing better than my Walther pdq.45

Posts: 705 | Registered: April 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im really liking the FN 509

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post