SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I feel dirty.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel dirty. Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
I shot a friend's Taurus today, and kind of liked it.

Some newer striker fired, compact model, in 9mm, 12+1, manual safety.

Nice size, weight, balance, decent enough trigger.

Who knew?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own 7 of them.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much flack as they get,some of it deserved, they make a decent PT111( the newer version). I kick myself for selling mine.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
PT-111 G2.

I am guilty as well. I shall flog myself and say some hail Marys later - or not. Wink

Is it the 'best' at anything?

Yes.

It's the best new gun you can buy for $199. Big Grin

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Wipe down with some Hoppe's; that'll clean ya right up.

I've seem 'em as transfers. Initial impression is that it seems a hell of a lot better than the PT111 Millennium I ashamedly once had but gleefully rid myself of. One of our regular customers swears by his. The 709 Slims I brought in a while back sold well, some of their customers reporting back that they shot without fuss or so much of a hint of angst, just like their existing G43s or M&P Shields. That recent hire CEO of theirs seems to be doing his job in cleaning up the crap at Taurus.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Ya'll can have my share of them.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are all revolvers. One is a compact, lightweight 45 colt. It’s in my winter coat pocket loaded with silver tips.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I only have one Taurus; a model 85 revolver in .38 Special.
I bought it recently when PSA had them bundled with a lower and a rebate.
Fun to shoot, the revolver is surprisingly accurate and has a pretty decent trigger in double action and a very nice trigger in single action.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I've kept a Taurus or two in the stable since the 90s.
Had issues with their version of the Beretta .22lr mouse gun, but that is kinda expected.

Otherwise, I really liked the 945 I had, and still do like the 85 and 305, just haven't shot either in a long time. They are among my "leave loaded and forget until needed" guns.

They are underrated in general IMHO. However, this is SIGforum, so also kinda expected. Wink

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 1911s and their Beretta "clone," built on Beretta's old tooling & machines. Good gun for the $400ish bucks I have in it. Like the option for cocked & locked also.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own four(4) Taurus handguns, and would not hesitate to purchase another if I can find what I want.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I keep 709 Slims in 9mm locked up in both of my cars. I paid $300 for the pair new. I haven’t had any issues. For cheap guns that I don’t care if something happens to them they do the job.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mine (a $199 PT 111 G2 from Palmetto a couple years ago) rattles when shaken but has thus far been reliable and reasonably accurate. I haven't been able to force myself to carry it, because "Taurus".

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my wife because she refused to spend more but it's been 100% reliable for several hundred rounds. I wish that the trigger didn't break so far back but for $200 it's a steal.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
They are now making a AR 15 style rifle.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I had a Taurus 738 that I liked for a while, but it always bugged me. I sold it, and bought a Ruger LCP and never looked back.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
They are now making a AR 15 style rifle.
JUST WHAT the world needs

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Go wash your hands

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've had two Taurus firearms, a model 44 in .44 mag, and model 605 in .357. Had timing problems with both, will never own another.

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once owned two Taurus handguns for a short while. That was enough for me.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post