SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I feel dirty.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel dirty. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Lol...opinions are like assholes...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I still own a couple of Taurii I bought new. 1986 PT99AF 9mm in Nickel and a 1990 6" 689 Stainless .357 Mag. Had a 3" 85S but flipped it years ago.

Only nit was the adjustable sights on the PT99 which came loose at one time. Never had a barrel locking block problem. Both guns have been solid performers over the years.

One of my sons had a PT92AF he really liked. And I have friends who swear by both the Slim 709 and PT111 G2.

Another has a 24/7 that has never worked and isn't even worthy to serve as a boat anchor. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The absolute worst gun I ever owned was a PT945. Perhaps it is unfair, but that memory still lingers 22 years later.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a PT92 that he swears by. I've shot it a few times and enjoyed it. Shot very well for me.

If we're sharing dirty little secrets I have a Rossi M68 5 shot .38special that has been flawless. I used to carry it a lot before the compact nines came out.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an early pt111. Long double act trigger pull is stiff but it always works. Not aware of any other pistol this small that holds a 12 rd mag. I select carry guns based on what I can best conceal with the most firepower. I carry HKs, sw, Sigs, 1911s and Taurus pt111 and slim.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Had a S/S 4" 669 in the early 90's that I really enjoyed shooting. Accurate as hell and not one issue! It was eventually stolen out of my truck in 95'.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I've had three over the years with only one ever giving me a little grief with the cylinder to barrel gap being so tight that the cylinder would begin to drag after only two cylinder fulls of full power .357 Magnum that had any kind of exposed lead at the tip, a stainless 6" 669 that was my first handgun back in the day. I currently only own one which I will never get rid of, a .17 HMR 6.5inch matte stainless Tracker that is one of, if not the most mechanically and ammo accurate pistol I have ever owned or shot. It will put round after round of Hornady .17HMR in essentially the same ragged barely larger than caliber hole for as long as you care to shoot it at 25 yards using a rest and the cheap Target Sports matching "stainless" pistol scope with an original Taurus mount on the vent rib. It does this from all 7 chambers of the cylinder with no particular preference or favoring of certain chambers. Taurus has definitely come a long way over the years with some of their models. If it is all you can afford, you could definitely do a lot worse than a Taurus and it may likely surprise you regardless of the price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ It was (surprisingly nice, period, and especially for the price point).

The last Taurus I had handled was the little shotgun pistol things and before that the early Beretta copies back in the 90s. All I remembered of them was inexpensive copies of things.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of Taurus, but I've owned a few and had no problems with them. I had a Taurus 66 which functioned well and had very good fit and finish. Recently I bought a Taurus 85 from Palmetto when they were offered at a low enough price I couldn't pass up the chance.

The Taurus 1911's that I've handled were some of the worst I've ever seen as far as fit, finish, appearance, rattle, etc. I wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't hesitate on a Taurus revolver at the right price. I also probably wouldn't carry one defensively, but they're fun to shoot.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post