SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I feel dirty.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel dirty. Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
I shot a friend's Taurus today, and kind of liked it.

Some newer striker fired, compact model, in 9mm, 12+1, manual safety.

Nice size, weight, balance, decent enough trigger.

Who knew?

Posts: 22102 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own 7 of them.

Posts: 13616 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much flack as they get,some of it deserved, they make a decent PT111( the newer version). I kick myself for selling mine.

Posts: 3792 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
PT-111 G2.

I am guilty as well. I shall flog myself and say some hail Marys later - or not. Wink

Is it the 'best' at anything?

Yes.

It's the best new gun you can buy for $199. Big Grin

Posts: 9745 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
Wipe down with some Hoppe's; that'll clean ya right up.

I've seem 'em as transfers. Initial impression is that it seems a hell of a lot better than the PT111 Millennium I ashamedly once had but gleefully rid myself of. One of our regular customers swears by his. The 709 Slims I brought in a while back sold well, some of their customers reporting back that they shot without fuss or so much of a hint of angst, just like their existing G43s or M&P Shields. That recent hire CEO of theirs seems to be doing his job in cleaning up the crap at Taurus.

Posts: 7700 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Ya'll can have my share of them.

Posts: 5789 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are all revolvers. One is a compact, lightweight 45 colt. It’s in my winter coat pocket loaded with silver tips.

Posts: 13616 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I only have one Taurus; a model 85 revolver in .38 Special.
I bought it recently when PSA had them bundled with a lower and a rebate.
Fun to shoot, the revolver is surprisingly accurate and has a pretty decent trigger in double action and a very nice trigger in single action.

Posts: 2024 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
Picture of apprentice
posted Hide Post
I've kept a Taurus or two in the stable since the 90s.
Had issues with their version of the Beretta .22lr mouse gun, but that is kinda expected.

Otherwise, I really liked the 945 I had, and still do like the 85 and 305, just haven't shot either in a long time. They are among my "leave loaded and forget until needed" guns.

They are underrated in general IMHO. However, this is SIGforum, so also kinda expected. Wink

------------------------------
"There are FOUR lights!"

Posts: 5780 | Location: North Idaho | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 1911s and their Beretta "clone," built on Beretta's old tooling & machines. Good gun for the $400ish bucks I have in it. Like the option for cocked & locked also.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 1634 | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own four(4) Taurus handguns, and would not hesitate to purchase another if I can find what I want.

Posts: 3735 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I keep 709 Slims in 9mm locked up in both of my cars. I paid $300 for the pair new. I haven’t had any issues. For cheap guns that I don’t care if something happens to them they do the job.

Posts: 11763 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mine (a $199 PT 111 G2 from Palmetto a couple years ago) rattles when shaken but has thus far been reliable and reasonably accurate. I haven't been able to force myself to carry it, because "Taurus".

Posts: 21116 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my wife because she refused to spend more but it's been 100% reliable for several hundred rounds. I wish that the trigger didn't break so far back but for $200 it's a steal.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 1845 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
They are now making a AR 15 style rifle.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State
_________________________________________________________________________________

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1089 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I had a Taurus 738 that I liked for a while, but it always bugged me. I sold it, and bought a Ruger LCP and never looked back.

Posts: 10704 | Location: MI | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
They are now making a AR 15 style rifle.
JUST WHAT the world needs

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 1653 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Go wash your hands

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
Florida Class K Licensed Instructor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor/RSO
NRA Certified LE Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle Instructor
SIG and Glock Armorer

Posts: 1920 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've had two Taurus firearms, a model 44 in .44 mag, and model 605 in .357. Had timing problems with both, will never own another.

Posts: 2606 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once owned two Taurus handguns for a short while. That was enough for me.

"Avoid the rush. Procrastinate now".

Posts: 5143 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post