SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new Mossberg 590 Shockwave...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new Mossberg 590 Shockwave... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKSig:
You put this in the handgun section, but under federal law it's not a handgun. Smoothbore handguns would be registrable as "any other weapon" under the NFA and require a $5.00 tax stamp. It's also not a shotgun because it never had a buttstock. Just a plain old firearm under federal law.

I have the Tac 14, it's a pistol I promise. I haven't shot mine yet but I will.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I bought a Shockwave several months ago just because it looked interesting. Recoil doesn't hurt when held at the hip, but the recoil is enough that I refuse to hold it in front of my face. Therefore, no aimimg, and I can't hit anything with it. A lot of firepower in a small package that I can't hit with.

If I could find a reliable green laser that's bright enough for daylight, then it might be useful. It has no place in the home, in my opinion, as you can have a shotgun with a stock on it, which is infinitely easier to shoot well. So, all in all, a cool looking pretty useless gun.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgb2324:
quote:
Originally posted by HKSig:
You put this in the handgun section, but under federal law it's not a handgun. Smoothbore handguns would be registrable as "any other weapon" under the NFA and require a $5.00 tax stamp. It's also not a shotgun because it never had a buttstock. Just a plain old firearm under federal law.

I have the Tac 14, it's a pistol I promise. I haven't shot mine yet but I will.

Once you do fire it, please report back with your impressions of the experience. Big Grin

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post