SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new Mossberg 590 Shockwave...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new Mossberg 590 Shockwave... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...hard to find in my area but more and more are coming in. I was able to put some 2 3/4" Estate Heavy Game Load shells and some Federal 3" Buckshot Magnum. I'll be honest, the 3" was a bit, tough for my girl like palms. I know it was hot inside the range, sweat pouring down but my front grip would slip off the front when fired the 3" shells. I guess it's time to start exercising my left hand. Probably a reason why my right hand, arm is stronger but that's for a different thread Smile

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, but I have no problem with my full length version. But whatever floats your boat!

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They released a 20 gauge the other day.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would make a decent breaching shotgun with the proper load.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get one of those, but they're not legal in Ohio (yet). Try some Fiocchi low recoil buckshot and slugs. I'm sure you'd find it much more shootable with better recovery after each shot.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That looks painful.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You put this in the handgun section, but under federal law it's not a handgun. Smoothbore handguns would be registrable as "any other weapon" under the NFA and require a $5.00 tax stamp. It's also not a shotgun because it never had a buttstock. Just a plain old firearm under federal law.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
So perhaps you could direct him to the plain old firearms section?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I genuinely like my Shockwave, as long as I don't try to repeat my experiments with magnum loads. At defensive distances it's an easy gun to be accurate with just using instinctual sighting. And a receiver mounted pic rail and laser makes longer distances very possible. I've taken it to the range several times, and on a hunting trip as my defense gun, replacing my customary GP100. To me it's the ideal woods gun, and close to an ideal in a HD role. Now thinking about getting a second one strictly for the house; I can retire my old 'standard' 500 and not feel any remorse in doing so.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That looks painful.

I've been using the Raptor grip since 2012 and it's surprisingly comfortable. I find it MUCH better than a traditional pistol grip.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I just shot a Remington TAC 14 over the weekend.

First shot almost knocked the wind out of me, second shot convinced me to never shoot that mfing thing again!! 2 3/4" Estate 00Buck.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own the Remington (I do have 870's with stocks), but I picked up a Shockwave and like other similar shotguns, it's not that big of a deal to shoot. Particularly as it's not braced against the shoulder, recoil is a non-issue.

The biggest problem with the Shockwave is ensuring an accurate shot; that's much easier done with a shoulder stock. The tradeoff for the shockwave is it's size. It's just handy. It wouldn't be my first choice to shoot trap, but there are plenty of other occasions when it's the perfect size.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKSig:
You put this in the handgun section, but under federal law it's not a handgun. Smoothbore handguns would be registrable as "any other weapon" under the NFA and require a $5.00 tax stamp. It's also not a shotgun because it never had a buttstock. Just a plain old firearm under federal law.

I tried to find the plain ole firearm section but couldn't. I suppose it should be under shotgun but it comes close to those handgun type weapons, so, I put it here Smile

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
So perhaps you could direct him to the plain old firearms section?

lol I tried to find it Smile

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
It isn't bad shooting at all, with 2.75" shells. The 3" shells, depends, but my front grip could have been better IMO, my grip would slip off. I had no problem hitting a human sized silhouette from 10-15 feet but it can be a bit tough with 3" magnum shells. I am very new to shotguns, only my second ever and my other was a standard shotgun, an inexpensive Maverick 88.

posted Hide Post
Some folks here are just old meanies - I cannot find the plain old firearms section! Wink On a serious note - I hope the 20-ga version shows up soon in this area. I handled the 12-ga, and liked it, but the recoil potential scared me off...

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I tried one this summer with minishells. It worked great.
Yes. Ohio. Didn't ask.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

First shot almost knocked the wind out of me, second shot convinced me to never shoot that mfing thing again!! 2 3/4" Estate 00Buck.

I own one and had the same thought Razz it's cool to look at though

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

I own one and had the same thought Razz it's cool to look at though

Agreed!

40 years ago if you got caught with something like it, you would have been sent to slam you in the ass prison though.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
So I purchased the mini clip so I can shoot the Aguila mini shells out of it. My brother has the Remington version, says it is the best way to go. I think it can hold up to 10 of the mini shells. I shall see.