Find
Notify
Tools

HK 2000 LEM Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
Got a great deal on one of these in 40. Went to lgs to look at Sig 320' and ran across one of these lnib for $400.00. Shot it today and it did very well. Going to be my new EDC along side two others. It was interesting to see that my P30 mags fit in it. Going to pick up a .357 barrel and I will be set.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal. If been going back and forth between a usp compact and the p2000. I haven't been able to decide. I'm a fan of the decocker and safety on the usp, but finding one at the right price point will probably decide for me.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lem on the P2000 is good but converting it to a light lem makes it so much better. Most of the USP lems already have the light version.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3530 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm doing this from memory, and it's been a while, so I might not have all the details straight.

We had a guy on here who was an agency armorer, who's agency had .40 P2000s. They seemed to have a lot of problems with them. Something about springs breaking. The uptake was that the P2000 was one those 9mm designs that didn't port up to .40 very well.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK + LEM is a great combination if you're looking for a system with the simplicity and consistency of a striker fired trigger and the added benefit of tactile and visual feedback from a hammer. I'm up to four P30 LEM variants; I have no interest in the DA/SA HKs. There are plenty of brands with better out of the box triggers (SIG comes to mind) in that system.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuuuuge fan of these in 9mm.
Only downside is the weak selection of sights.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think the trigger return spring is the week link in the LEM guns that you are thinking about. I remember reading something about this as well. I also remember reading for some reason it wasn't as big an issue with the DA/SA guns. I think the TRS in general is one of the overall HK weak spots when you research them.

I LOVE the P2000.

I HATE the LEM system. Don't get me wrong I am not saying it's a bad idea or somebody is an idjit for liking it or any such thing like that. It's a pretty good system all in all but not for ME. It drives me crazy the way it resets/the hammer movement. HKs for me are hammer fired and DA/SA.... Now get off my lawn. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I think the trigger return spring is the week link in the LEM guns that you are thinking about. I remember reading something about this as well. I also remember reading for some reason it wasn't as big an issue with the DA/SA guns. I think the TRS in general is one of the overall HK weak spots when you research them.

I LOVE the P2000.

I HATE the LEM system. Don't get me wrong I am not saying it's a bad idea or somebody is an idjit for liking it or any such thing like that. It's a pretty good system all in all but not for ME. It drives me crazy the way it resets/the hammer movement. HKs for me are hammer fired and DA/SA.... Now get off my lawn. Razz

The V3 DA/SA has the same TRS as the V2- standard US LEM and to my knowledge there are few complaints about that set up as far as trigger return. V1 the Light LEM has the reduced power TRS and that is the one that has caused some problems. Many who have converted DA/SA to V1 LEM have left the heavier TRS in and what they end up with is a hybrid with a trigger pull between the V1 and V2 some call it the TLG LEM. (Todd Green)

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a P2000 V2 (heavy LEM) in 9mm and think its going to become my primary EDC. I also have a USP .45 Compact that I converted to a TGS LEM ((medium LEM). I haven't measured but the trigger pull weight between them is almost identical in feel. The greatest difference is the P2000 trigger reset feels about 50% longer than on my USPc.

Posts: 68 | Location: Great State of Jefferson (Nor CA) | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks for heads up on spring issue ordering a back up now

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post