SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Polymer 80 G19 Frame Completion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polymer 80 G19 Frame Completion Login/Join 
Picture of jbn8705
posted
I recently bought a Polymer 80 G19 kit. Now I am in the market for a Glock Lower Frame Parts Kit to complete the lower.

I haven't had much luck in searching for said kit, especially finding anywhere that has them in stock. Can you please point me to the best places to check? Maybe waiting lists I need to get on?

Also, I have the idea of doing a 0% G19 - so no OEM parts. How much would that matter to you if you were building a P80 G19? Or should I just get a Glock OEM kit and forget about it? Is there a quality difference between OEM vs. (reputable) third parties?

Posts: 1208 | Location: Taichung 台中, Taiwan 台灣 | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock Store on line has all you need.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was at a gun show today. Vendors were selling complete kits.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'd just go Glock Store for a parts kit. Easy and one stop shopping.

I also got a P80 frame from Rainier Arms on Black Friday.

Any tips to share? Did you use the end mill the provide?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Midway has good price on the kit.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...lock-gen-3-9mm-luger

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you're buying an 80% lower to have an untraceable gun, it's counterproductive to buy in on a credit card and have it shipped to you.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbn8705
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I'd just go Glock Store for a parts kit. Easy and one stop shopping.

I also got a P80 frame from Rainier Arms on Black Friday.

Any tips to share? Did you use the end mill the provide?

I'm out of the country right now, so I haven't gotten my hands on it yet. Good luck with yours!

Posts: 1208 | Location: Taichung 台中, Taiwan 台灣 | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbn8705
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Midway has good price on the kit.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...lock-gen-3-9mm-luger

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered one kit and it was almost half off the Glock Store's price.

Picture of jbn8705
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If you're buying an 80% lower to have an untraceable gun, it's counterproductive to buy in on a credit card and have it shipped to you.

Agreed. I'm looking at this as more of a fun project to tinker with.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I think most people (outside CA) get the %80 for the project. Same reason I did the %80 1911. It's for the project & the tinkering.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post