SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Reliable SAO carry gun for $1K or less?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reliable SAO carry gun for $1K or less? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I always wished HK made a 45c in SAO.

You can operate the HK 45C cocked and locked. It has a decocker and da/sa as well.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K P30 with the LEM trigger.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson CCO or ECO or Sig 226 Legion would be my picks.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eternal24k
posted Hide Post
This is why I wish there was a SAO conversion for CZ P09...

For SAO under 30 ounces, it's a tall glass to ask for.

I would look at the CZ 75 compact with SAO conversion. My SP-01 SAO has a better trigger than my 3k 1911s.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Passing all 4s on 2 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Springfield EMP or EMP4, if you want the longer barrel. Love my EMP4, although I don't CC it.

This with the bobtail.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the EMP/EMP4

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I always wished HK made a 45c in SAO.

You can buy a Variant 9 detent plate to convert it to SAO.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over your budget, the Dan Wessons are outstanding.
Well under your budget, the Rugers just work. I have the
5" steel, 4 1/4" CMD, my favorite, the LW CMD.45, and the contender for my affection, the new Ruger LW CMD in 9mm. Only had the 9 less than two weeks and it is a real shooter. No problems from any of them, either the most expensive costing under $800 and the steel ones were in the mid $600's.
I love my Browns and DW's VERY much, but the Rugers sell at a working mans wage, and look great and flat out work.
YMMV!
Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of reliable 1911s you can find for around $1000 or so, in the end.

Buy a used colt, a ruger, maybe a less popular dan wesson, a few others, ignore all of the frilly and superficial mods (checkering this, fancy grips that, gold bead sights, etc), have a trusted gunsmith do a trigger job and make sure it functions fine, get a couple of good magazines, and call it a day.

$500-700 for a used gun, a couple of hundred or so for the trigger work and once-over, maybe $25/ea for a couple of metalform mags, and rock on...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
What about a Browning Hi-Power Practical? I believe they are about 32 ounces. You can pick one up for about $800.00 in 9mm or .40SW.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post