SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That's why all the trigger components will be OEM. Hopefully I won't have an ejection/extraction issues with this one. My last new G19 had serious brass to face issues and it was stock.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
That's why all the trigger components will be OEM. Hopefully I won't have an ejection/extraction issues with this one. My last new G19 had serious brass to face issues and it was stock.

My g19 has the brass to the face issue as well. Too bad because I shoot it better than most of my other pistols.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Zev parts are sexy and all but how much more accurate and/or reliable than stock?
Did you change it mostly for looks?

The stippling looks top notch!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I mostly go at it cause of the price. Usually they are $220ish. I got it for $159. Figured if I don't like it I can always get my money back by selling it used.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I am also fixing up a Glock 19 myself, but it setting me back a whole lot more than $250.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
First update.

Sights came in today. Really like the sight picture and thinner front sight.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So all the parts came. Guns shoots great. 200 rounds no failures. No brass to face.

The final product

2 mags 10 yards unsupported

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks good. How are you liking that magazine release?

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I really like it. I don't have to adjust my grip to eject the mag. This isn't really a gun that I'm going to carry so I'm not to worried about accidently ejecting a mag

Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
How did you take off the finger bumps. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my 19 but I'm a little worried about tackling it myself.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
How did you take off the finger bumps. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my 19 but I'm a little worried about tackling it myself.

Dremel tool with a grinding wheel. Just go slow. There are plenty of videos on YouTube of people doing it.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I really like it. I don't have to adjust my grip to eject the mag. This isn't really a gun that I'm going to carry so I'm not to worried about accidently ejecting a mag

Ok, that makes sense. Nice setup, man. I have a set of the regular CAPs on a few of mine, I've been wanting to try a set of the T-CAP's and your pictures may have pushed me over the edge to order a set.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That's about as far as I'd ever take a Glock. No need for extra slide cuts.

Very tastefully done.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
How long did it take you to do the grip and what tip did you use?

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work -- I'd be super proud of that!

I was proud of myself for just replacing the trigger and connector in my G19 without futzing it up. Wink Maybe I'll ask Santa for a Dremel.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
How long did it take you to do the grip and what tip did you use?

The grip was done in about 4 hours. I used a fine pointed tip. Not sure what size.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well I can't leave good enough alone. I ended up selling the slide, barrel, and assorted small parts for $335. I then ordered a Zev Dragonfly slide in gun metal grey. I also replaced the trigger with a Suarez flat tactical trigger which basically eliminates any pre-travel. I then went ahead a order a Trijicon RMR RM06.

All told I have spent about $1000 so far including the RMR.

The only thing left it to figure out sights. I really don't want absolute co-witness and the Zev slide seems to be cut a bit deeper than others I have seen. I really want lower 1/3 as I find absolute co-witness to be distracting. I ordered some Ameriglo suppressor sights (non-tritium) and we will see how that works out. I did zero the RMR and it's a tack driver. No failures at all.

posted Hide Post
Ugh, you had it perfect and then....

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You went full potato. Never go full potato.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I dig it more now. I can always get a plain Jane Glock 19. The finish is slick and finally I have a G19 that doesn't have eractic ejection. Which it did have with the factory slide. It wasn't BTF but they went every where.