SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any updates?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Any updates?

Only a brief one. I finally got all the parts for my 19 build on Monday and took it to the range to function test it. I only had a few minutes cause I was flying to Chicago that night. I put a quick 100 rounds through it and it functioned perfectly. I really wasn't testing for accuracy. One thing I had to do while there was change out the Zev firing pin spring...it was just too light. The trigger felt like it was 3lbs. I installed a factory one and it was a lot less scary t shoot lol.

This target was shot at 10 yards rapid fire. I am now a believer in compensators.

So Rainier arms and Zev have a smoking deal going on right now. Buy any Zev top end from Rainier and they throw in a stripped G17 frame. Then Zev has a rebate where if you buy a top end you get their ultimate Filcrum trigger kit. For for $695 (I get an $80 discount from Rainier as I am a member of their Apex club) I basically got a brand new Zev Prize Fighter pistol. The barrel is the only big missing piece which I already have.

I'll get more detailed pics and a build sheet up when I get back home this Friday.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dusty, what did you use (tip)to stipple your frame? I like the supple look.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I took a soldering iron tip and ground it to a fine point.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My 43 is done. The upgrades include:

- 360 degree stippled frame
- Suarez Tactical flat faced trigger with factory (-) connector
- Hyve alloy checkered mag release
- Wilson Combat Sights (same as Vickers with front night sight.
- Vickers/Tango Down extended slide release
- Vickers/Tango Down and Hyve extended base pads
- Strike Industries push bottom slide cover plate

My second 19 gen 3 build is also done. The upgrades include:

- 360 degree stipple
- Shadow Systems RMR cut slide
- Agency Arms threaded barrel
- Zev spring/connector kit
- NDZ Stainless mag release
- NDZ Stainless pin set
- NDZ extended slide lock
- Vickers/Tango Down extended slide release
- Lone Wolf Adjustable alloy trigger
- Ameriglo suppressor height Night Sights (narrow front)
- Suarez extended mag release
- Suarez Combat magwell
- Primary Machines Stealth Comp
- Strike Industries rear slide cover plate
- Zev RMR cover plate

Range reports to follow

posted Hide Post
Nicely done. How long did it take you to do the grip? I still can't get over what a good job(s) you did.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Nicely done. How long did it take you to do the grip? I still can't get over what a good job(s) you did.

The first couple I did took me 3-4 hours. Now I’m down to about 2 start to finish. Gen 3’s take a bit longer because you have to sand down more of the factory checking which is also cut deeper so it’s a little more time consuming.