SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway Login/Join 
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I want one of those ZEV conversion Bbls for my G23, .40 to 9mm.

Please let me know if it functions well.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I dig it more now. I can always get a plain Jane Glock 19. The finish is slick and finally I have a G19 that doesn't have eractic ejection. Which it did have with the factory slide. It wasn't BTF but they went every where.

I put the Gen 4 ejector and non LCI spring loaded bearing in my Gen3 19 and the ejection is very good now.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
I dig it more now. I can always get a plain Jane Glock 19. The finish is slick and finally I have a G19 that doesn't have eractic ejection. Which it did have with the factory slide. It wasn't BTF but they went every where.

I put the Gen 4 ejector and non LCI spring loaded bearing in my Gen3 19 and the ejection is very good now.

I tried it all with my Vickers 19 including the APEX and Lone Wolf extractor...never figured it out.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Dusty, how do you like that 3.25 MOA dot?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Dusty, how do you like that 3.25 MOA dot?

I like it. If you have the intensity up it looks bigger. The 6 moa was too big for my liking and 1 moa too small.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3.25 can give you edge on accuracy at distance, but the 6.5 shows less wobble and you can still ring plates at 50 yards as long as you do your job.

Great looking project Dusty

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I REALLY want to run an RMR on a 19. I've been reviewing all the different billion dollar slides and came across VDI (Voodoo Innovations) Slayer model. Has anyone seen these in the flesh yet? Great looking projects, btw.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I REALLY want to run an RMR on a 19. I've been reviewing all the different billion dollar slides and came across VDI (Voodoo Innovations) Slayer model. Has anyone seen these in the flesh yet? Great looking projects, btw.

I have not. I ran across this deal today and they look good if you like slide cuts and such.

https://gun.deals/product/alph...ut-39995?mobile=true

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have not. I ran across this deal today and they look good if you like slide cuts and such.

That's a sharp slide! Says Gen 3, though, but that's what I'm looking for stripped. I think for losing my virginity in the RMR-equipped world, I'd want stock internals to start with a bare slide. I guess I could just go elbow deep into as funds allow and do it all at once.

Same site shows a Brownells RMR cut slide for $209, but still Gen 3

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's a sharp slide! Says Gen 3, though, but that's what I'm looking for stripped. I think for losing my virginity in the RMR-equipped world, I'd want stock internals to start with a bare slide. I guess I could just go elbow deep into as funds allow and do it all at once.

Same site shows a Brownells RMR cut slide for $209, but still Gen 3

The internals are stock in my Zev slide. I have heard a lot of issues with the Zev striker and light primer strikes. I haven't had any with the stock parts.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like remaining stock internals is the route for me, personally, but I do like the look of the slides. Yours especially!

I spoke with Brownells and that slide linked above is actually made by Primary Machine. Looks like a great starter slide on a budget.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The brownells slides look a lot like the Suarez slides

https://suarezinternational.com/for-gen-4-glock-19/

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Final update:

Installed the Ameriglo sights today and I like the sight picture. Will shoot it tomorrow at my Range's Glock event and see how they hit.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I'm getting addicted to customizing Glocks.

My latest is an Gen 4 17. I got it yesterday. Stippled it last night and installed the Taran Tactical Grand Master trigger kit which is pretty sweet. Next on deck is another 19 build. I got the frame stripped. The slide is Shadow Systems and I got a Agency Arms threaded barrel on the way. I should have all the small parts by next week too. I'm thinking of adding a micro compensator to the 19 build.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm getting addicted to customizing Glocks.

My latest is an Gen 4 17. I got it yesterday. Stippled it last night and installed the Taran Tactical Grand Master trigger kit which is pretty sweet. Next on deck is another 19 build. I got the frame stripped. The slide is Shadow Systems and I got a Agency Arms threaded barrel on the way. I should have all the small parts by next week too. I'm thinking of adding a micro compensator to the 19 build.

Got damn!! Jealous, Dusty. I want to stipple, but too scurred to screw it up. I also got my Brownells RMR top window slide in, but sadly the FPSP hole was slightly too snug so I am sending it back for exchange and hopefully the next is on point. For $200, it's a fine slide but out of spec doesn't help anything.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Oh man that sucks. I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but got this Shadow Systems slide for $235 instead.

The 43 stipples up nicely too

posted Hide Post
Some great projects, The TT mast kit is a nice addition I have it in two glock I am pretty happy with. I have had to start keeping a spread sheet on what Glocks have what and my overall impressions

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Do you mind if I ask where you got the SS slide for that price in case I get another slide that's out of spec?

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you mind if I ask where you got the SS slide for that price in case I get another slide that's out of spec?

I got it from someone on Arf.com who works at Aim Surplus used. So that's why the price was so good.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I got it from someone on Arf.com who works at Aim Surplus used. So that's why the price was so good.

Gotcha, thanks!!