SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**UPDATE on Page 4** Addicted to Customizing Glocks...2nd and 3rd projects underway Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Just piece them together. So easy to work on. On Friday I picked up a LNIB Glock 19 3rd gen for a whopping $250. It was a good deal I couldn't pass up. The low price automatically put me into project mode. Over the weekend I ordered

1. Ameriglo T-CAP sights
2. Zev Barrel
3. Factory smooth trigger
4. Factory 3.5 connector
5. Suarez Combat Magwell
6. Suarez Extended mag release
7. Vickers/Tango Down extended slide release

All told I've spent right around $625

Last night I got home from work at midnight and got busy with the dremmel and soldering iron. Good bye finger grooves. The rest of the parts should all arrive Thursday. I should have a range report then.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, looks like a pro's job, there. Cool
$250 for a G19? Who could pass up on a deal like that.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gotta love a glock. That's a good one!

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I looked it over real well to make sure it wasn't broken at that price.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glocks like Legos? Don't think the Glock will hurt as much as a Lego when you step on it barefoot in the dark Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Nice project, that Glock for $250 !!! What a score. Nicely done sir.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Very nice get, and a great start to your project.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
looks good

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great looking soldering iron work.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Man that is a beautiful stipling job.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for $250, I'd have had to take that home too.
How do you like the no finger grooves grip? I haven't had the nerve to take a dremel to one of mine.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. The no grooves feels more natural to me. I didn't have the stones to attempt the the guard indexing cut. I did stipple the underside though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

posted Hide Post
Dang $250?? Love it, then you spend twice that on upgrade,lol. Sounds like something I'd do. That's really the great thing about a glock, just build exactly as you want it. Nice upgrades. How do you like the zev barrel?

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It doesn't arrive until Thursday along with the other parts.

Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
That looks really nice! Almost wish I trade to Glock

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Normally I hate the looks of people's stipple jobs on Glocks but that looks awesome!

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I have been tempted to do the same to my older Gen3.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice job and great score. I have been wanting to do a little texturing on my Glock grip but am not sure I trust my self. A lot of members here are quite talented.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you have a 320 that's the easiest way to practice. Mess up and just buy a new grip module Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sweasley:
Definitely a Glock . . . The more Glock parts you replace, the better they are!!

And the more original parts you put back, the more reliable they are.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post