SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Super rare Bren Ten SFL...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super rare Bren Ten SFL... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Very very nice

if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Posts: 148 | Location: enfield ct | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Very nice.

The logo on the side looks like the gunsite logo.
It is the Gunsite logo...

Posts: 1322 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Definitely a grail gun for me as well. Same story, sold by Miami Vice. Wish VLTOR made those. I’d have bought a couple.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be able to help you with that shooter grade Bren Ten. A local dealer has one that appears to be assembled from parts at the end of production for $2250.00.

Couldn't find your email in the profile and I am leaving tomorrow morning for a match where I won't have internet access except through my phone.

If you want their contact info let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
bac, You certainly have two very nice examples. Back in late '83 IIRC, I toured the plant with Michael Dixon and Tom Dornaus. Then worked the Bren Ten booth at SHOT shortly afterward. Sometime around then, some of us picked Tom and Michael in Phoenix and drove up to Gunsite to shoot the pistols with the Col. I recall Col. Copper remarking something to the effect that the 10MM was better than the .45 at knocking over the steel plates at 50 yards, but he wasn't sure that was any advantage in a combat pistol. I had an early standard model. If I'd had any idea they'd be so collectible someday, I'd have sure hung on to it. You can see why I don't give investment adviceWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Bac--definitely the connoisseur of fine guns. Right up with LDBaker45.
You have Sig Forums "Red room" similar to HK Pro forum.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1911:
I may be able to help you with that shooter grade Bren Ten. A local dealer has one that appears to be assembled from parts at the end of production for $2250.00.

Couldn't find your email in the profile and I am leaving tomorrow morning for a match where I won't have internet access except through my phone.

If you want their contact info let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Email sent

Actually quite a few Brens were assembled from mismatched parts during its run. These weren’t parts that were previously part of other complete guns (like you see with milsurp Lugers and such), but factory guns without a matching serial number on the slide. Of course, the slide’s serial number is not in plain sight anyway. Nothing wrong with these pistols at all.

Posts: 1322 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pieces. I'm jealous!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why i could never be a collector. I would not be able to resist shooting those pistols and their value would probably drop by 50% after the first box of ammo i put thru them.
I envy your self control

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bren Ten pistols are beautiful and it's too bad things didn't turn out better for the company. Within the last five years, these were supposed to have been resurrected. Not sure of the manufacturer but believe it was Vltor?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

They look like they weigh a thousand pounds though.

I guess a good sturdy holster was a must!

Posts: 33756 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That is just so awesome. All you need now is a linen suit and a pastel shirt. Wink Seriously, enjoy the new acquisition!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the Galco jack-ass shoulder rig. Wish Vltor would get off their rear and make the MV Bren Ten/Fortis.

Posts: 267 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Fantastic write-up and pictures!
Thank you for sharing!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
Don’t forget the Galco jack-ass shoulder rig. Wish Vltor would get off their rear and make the MV Bren Ten/Fortis.

The head idiot at Vltor already said its dead.

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I'll gladly trade you my mint condition example for your NIB example so that you can go out and shoot it Smile

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
Man, this thread causes me pain!
At one point I had EVERY gun Sonny carried in the series, except the Bren, and had my deposit down on the Vltor version.
I even re-created the two 2-tones guns he carried when he was ‘Evil Sonny’...a P220 with the trigger guard rounded off and hard chromed frame, and a S&W 4506 with a blackened slide that was used for shooting scenes.
Then life happened and the entire collection got sold to keep the house

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that write up.

I have never seen one in the wild. Are they comparable in size to a full size CZ 75?

Posts: 247 | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post