SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinion on Sig 250
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on Sig 250 Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted
I have a chance to buy a Sig 250 9 MM with a stainless slide in near new condition with box, papers and 2 mags. Price is 375 dollars. Opinions please.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
The gun is fine, but I believe its now discontinued. Also seems rather high pricewise for a P250 these days.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If you have experience shooting DA revolvers the 250 is a fantastic pistol IMO. Smooth, light DA trigger. Not a race/match pistol but a great defensive trigger.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
WAY overpriced. They are not hot sellers and tons are listed on gunbroker for significantly less.

I would not go over $300.00. Bud's has them new in box for a few dollars more.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
If you have experience shooting DA revolvers the 250 is a fantastic pistol IMO. Smooth, light DA trigger. Not a race/match pistol but a great defensive trigger.

^^^ agreed

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I like mine, but don't shoot or carry it much.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the gun the original style or the newer style? The original style had problems, particularly with ignition, and was reworked by SIG. The newer style uses a different magazine base, which is shared with the P320.

The original style is typically priced lower than the newer style.

Prices tanked after the model was discontinued, but have been coming back in recent months. gun.deals only lists a couple of full size 9mm models for $398 (Bud's) and $480 (Osage). Gunbroker lists three 9mm guns with stainless slides - one is a newer style and two are the original style.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In December I bought a 250 9mm Compact FDE with night sights and 2 mags for $350 from Williams Gun Sights. No case or papers.
Old school revolver guy, so the 250 is a natural for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with 1K and NRA-Life . . . If you like DA revolvers you'll like the P250.
I love mine. Shoots great!
Don't carry often but it's a great carry gun.

But like gc70 says, make sure it's the Gen2 version.

The $375 doesn't strike me as crazy if it's a Gen2 and in good condition.
That's about where it was retailing before SIG discontinued it.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Since getting into revolvers I've come to appreciate the 250, but it's still not one I'd ever seek out to defend my life with. And as a range gun it's not a design that's particularly special or appealing to me.

Depending on iteration, $250 to $350 would be the price range around here, so it's not that much of a stretch up to $375 I suppose. But as pointed out earlier in the thread, you will want the revamped version. Those also tend to be higher in price.

The amount of shared DNA with the 320 has done its bit to keep prices of the 250 from falling completely through the floor, but the hammer gun was never all that popular with the vast majority of non-revolver shooters. They sold very poorly for us, usually moving after deep discounting. They didn't create much buzz, except with those who have a strong revolver bent, or those curious about this (at the time) newfangled 'modular' pistol system.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Used gun room at my local Cabelas yesterday had a P250C-9 complete with case and all for $350 before any discounts or anything. A few months ago they had several more. I think $375 is way overpriced.

P250 is a nice gun once you get used to that long trigger. If you want one, shop around.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P250 is a fine handgun, if you know what a hammer-fired DAO pistol is all about and that is what you want.

One of my biggest gripes with it is the proprietary design of the rear sight which precludes the use of any aftermarket sights.

But like others, I think you can do better on the price.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another SIG released too early before the bugs were worked out and then discontinued as soon as another buggy new model could be released. A gen2 at a good price might be an OK gun for a while but how long will it have ANY support from SIG?

I gave mine away.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I recently picked one up and have been very pleased with it! It is the SC model and now serves as my EDC

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've been EDC'ing the SC in 45. Really like it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Zoom, same piece.....p250sc in .45. Great trigger and overall great carry gun. Lots of value at the prices mentioned.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Had a good day at the range today. I'm figuring out the best way to hold the 250SC. The RO was looking at me funny when I had the slide and frame for the compact out while shooting the SC and then mid way I switched out the FCU and started shooting the compact.

The compact is a really sweet shooter!

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post