SIGforum
CZ PCR opinions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3110065544

August 09, 2018, 06:36 PM
Greymann
CZ PCR opinions
Those who had any experience the CZ PCR what do you think? I was thinking on getting one for EDC. The good, the bad.
August 09, 2018, 06:42 PM
limblessbiff
Not the pcr but the PO-1, which is pretty much the same gun with a rail. It’s a nice pistol and a nice shooter. But I like sigs better
August 09, 2018, 07:02 PM
CQB60
The one I owned was reliable enough. I didn’t care for the stock sights. It does have superb ergo’s...

August 09, 2018, 07:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Those who had any experience the CZ PCR what do you think? I was thinking on getting one for EDC. The good, the bad.

The bad: The base gun's trigger sucks.
The good: With CGW's Pro-Package, the bad no longer exists.

Q

August 09, 2018, 07:08 PM
Ryanp225
I can't think of any bad.
My P01 has been flawless and carries like a thinner G19.
August 09, 2018, 07:15 PM
pulicords
It's an excellent platform for a build, but "as is" when purchased, I believe the sights are too small and the trigger is a bit rough. Send it in to Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom and for a few hundred bucks you'll have the best trigger available for a 9mm defensive pistol, unbelievable accuracy, excellent reliability, and a supreme carry option. I own two CZ75 Compacts, one of which is a PCR, the other being an all steel single action/double action version. The PCR is obviously lighter and my preferred carry piece of the two.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
August 09, 2018, 07:16 PM
grumpy1
I shot a PCR and it is a nice pistol but I don't like the skinny slide for gripping for a CCW pistol. Grip was too small for my larger hands also.
August 09, 2018, 07:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I shot a PCR and it is a nice pistol but I don't like the skinny slide for gripping for a CCW pistol.

Agree with this. While racking its slide is certainly doable, there's just no contest, when compared it to the frame-in-slide type of guns.
More real estate = easier racking.

Q

August 09, 2018, 07:47 PM
Cousin Vinnie
I have the PCR and IMHO: it is a great CCW pistol. The ergos are one of the best out there, it is fairly light, uber reliable, good capacity, but like other have said, the trigger is a bit heavy and the sights are not the best.....However, as an out of the box CCW choice, you can't go wrong. My only complaint is that there are not many COTS holsters. I recently discovered that an old shoulder holster for my S&W Model 59 series fits great when mated with my PCR. Come the colder months, the PCR/S&W model 59 shoulder holster will be my new companions.
August 09, 2018, 08:08 PM
whisky22
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
It's an excellent platform for a build, but "as is" when purchased, I believe the sights are too small and the trigger is a bit rough. Send it in to Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom and for a few hundred bucks you'll have the best trigger available for a 9mm defensive pistol, unbelievable accuracy, excellent reliability, and a supreme carry option. I own two CZ75 Compacts, one of which is a PCR, the other being an all steel single action/double action version. The PCR is obviously lighter and my preferred carry piece of the two.

Just bought a CZ 75 compact. Funny thing is, it has a great DA/SA trigger out of the box. Had my 2075 poly sent in to CZ custom, which now has an amazing trigger. PCR looks like a great carry option.
-whisky

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks
August 09, 2018, 08:26 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
I shot a PCR and it is a nice pistol but I don't like the skinny slide for gripping for a CCW pistol. Grip was too small for my larger hands also.

I got used to it pretty fast and now I shoot CZ's exclusively in uspsa. It's not difficult as much as it just feels different. Just my $.02.

Also, for anyone interested, Greg Cote has the Mecgar 15 round mags with the Beretta style base plates in stock now. They are the newer style with the anti friction coating and blue followers. My 3 have worked perfectly.
August 09, 2018, 08:34 PM
grumpy1
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

I got used to it pretty fast and now I shoot CZ's exclusively in uspsa. It's not difficult as much as it just feels different.

I I am fine with it at the range with my SP01 but my concern was an extreme stress self defense unpredictable situation needing to clear a jam or whatever which is why I would not want it for such and plenty of excellent pistols with full height slide to grasp/manipulate.
August 09, 2018, 09:04 PM
Scurvy
I love mine to death. As much is not more than my Sigs.

The bad is it makes you want more CZs. I'm already circling the SP-01 tactical.
August 09, 2018, 09:44 PM
madmatt
Great feeling grip; 100% reliable EDC!
Decock to half cock DA makes for a pretty nice DA first shot with a decent reset and good SA follow up shots. Significant smoothing after break in or dry firing. Dry fire with #83 O rings to protect the firing pin and retaining pin.
Funded one for my son's first pistol; wife loved it so we bought a second. Both have stainless steel guide rods, rubber base pads for the 14 rd OEM mags, 16 rd spare mags made for the compact with rubber base pads and VZ G 10 grips.
CZ design with slide within frame rails has minimal grooves on the slide to grasp to work but nothing practice and training can't minimize; not a deal breaker.
Bought last year, thousands of rounds flawlessly down range of 115gr +p, 124gr NATO and 147gr Gold Dot. May get around to updating the sights but not a showstopper.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs
August 10, 2018, 01:38 PM
pedropcola
I love the PCR and the PO1. Agree with the smaller slide issue. It’s good enough though. Try racking a Kadet slide. Ouch.
August 10, 2018, 01:39 PM
Greymann
Thanks for all the feedback, still on the fence though.
August 10, 2018, 04:56 PM
JDG
CZ should make the PCR with a manual safety, like they did these Aluminum compacts.

August 10, 2018, 06:00 PM
fquico
The only thing i’d Change on a PCR is a Cajungunwerks job! My CZ stable consists of 1PCR, 2P01s, 1CZ75BD, a Rami, a CZ p82, a P83 and a P07. Tomorrow morning I attend a run and shoot class. Before going, and for the last week I have been testing which pistol to take. I tested Sig p320x-Carry, M&pC 2.0, Walters PPQ, PCR and the ubiquitous glock19. Shot 30rnds each at 15yrds.
I am confidently taking the PCR tomorrow.
August 10, 2018, 06:39 PM
SigSentry
I heart my steel 75 compact and my bd police. The lighter pcr has also appealed to me but i found a canik c-100 (2012) that is well made and takes cz mags. So, it's my manual safety pcr until i find that next deal.

August 10, 2018, 07:09 PM
jaybirdaccountant
I had a PCR. It was a great gun, but I'm not a fan of the CZ finish and the way it holds up.